|thirty nine

"they're worried."

i rolled my eyes as i shut the door.

"i really don't care." i wasn't in the mood to be lectured.

"jimin, we need to talk for a bit."

hoseok patted the spot on the couch next to him.

with an annoyed expression, i followed his gesture.

"seokjin told me what's been going on."

i let out a sigh.

he promised he wouldn't.

"i'm proud of you." i looked up at him in surprise.

"-you did it for both of your happiness; i can respect that, yet, you don't look too happy."

i guess that's true.

"it's kind of hard to be happy when as soon as you end a relationship you get feelings for someone else again." he nodded.

"so you're angry at yoongi?"

"i'm not angry! i'm just frustrated. like how can he lay there with me, tell me he still loves me too and then just stay quiet until his girlfriend calls him out of no where. he can't just give me mixed signals like that." the laugh that came from the dark haired boy beside me made me calm a bit.

"clearly you're 'not angry'. jimin, you do realize that you two used to be in love with each other to the point that the only thing that mattered to either of you was each other right? you tried to kill yourself, hell if yoongi's parents wouldn't have let him back in he might have tried too. you both destroyed each other mentally and physically leaving behind emotional damage for both of you. just because he's still in love with you doesn't mean he wants to try again -as much as it might hurt, maybe you were never meant to be together- both yoongi and jungkook."

my knuckles were white from how tightly i was holding onto the jean fabric covering my thigh.

i knew he was right, i just didn't want to believe it.

"how is this helping me in the least, hoseok?"

"it's honesty. god knows you need someone giving you that."

my hand ran through my hair.

those words, i always thought them.

i always believed them.

it was just strange and painful hearing them from someone other than myself.

"or, maybe yoongi is the one. maybe sometime somehow things work out and you do get that happy ending. if the day comes and you both are ready to start again, don't waste it just because of something i said or you thought."