Chapter Eighteen

For a few weeks, Kelly stayed with these girls. She ended up spending one night with Vivian, liking the feeling of someone holding her in their arms again. She figured she'd never be the same again and thought that maybe closure would give her what she needed to feel happy.

So, she asked one of the girls to help her film her confession. While she sat on the couch, Kelly felt more emotions coming back as she began to cry before she even started talking. When she composed herself, she began her story. She told of her kidnapping, her being molded into the perfect, obedient girl, then being sold to many masters as their slave. Finally, she confessed to the cutting of Hank and the murder of her father. She cried as she forced herself to remember every detail and relay it to the camera.

She ended by telling of her family and asking that they be notified.

The next step was to send the video to the local police station. Vivian offered to drop it off. Kelly thanked her with a kiss and Vivian left.

All that day, Kelly sat in her bedroom in agony, wondering what was next for her. She thought about selling herself again, she thought about running away and starting a new life, she even thought about going home. These were not viable options to her, however. She could never go home after all she'd done. She'd never be able to sell herself again. Most of all she couldn't ever forget what she'd gone through enough to move on and start a new life. Finally, she decided on the only option.

When Vivian got home that night, Kelly asked her to come to her bedroom. Vivian came in slowly and watched as Kelly sat on her bed, staring at the opposite wall, "Did you drop it off?"

"Yes."

"Did they see it?"

"Yes."

"What are they going to do?"

"They told me to bring you in for formal questioning and that they'd have your family brought in as well."

Kelly nodded. A few seconds later, she pat the spot next to her on the bed. Vivian walked over and sat beside Kelly.

"You know I love you, Vivian...right?"

"Of course. I love you too, Kelly."

Kelly nodded, looking up at Vivian with tears in her eyes, "I can't go in to that station. I'm not re-living it all. I'm not seeing my family again. I can't."

Vivian nodded, tears forming in her eyes as well.

Kelly leaned over and kissed Vivian's cheek gently, then stood up.

"Kelly, don't—please, don't—"

Kelly looked back, holding out her hand. Vivian took it and kissed it, holding it gently in her own, but tightly enough that Kelly couldn't let go easily.

"Please," Vivian begged, tears in her eyes, "Just one more night. Please, just one more night."

Kelly sighed deeply, but nodded, allowing Vivian to guide her back to the bed.

A few hours later, as Kelly lay in bed with Vivian, holding her close, she stared at the ceiling. She knew what she had to do and she wasn't about to let anyone stop her. So, slowly, she slipped out of bed, changing out of the pajamas Vivian had lent her and put on a t-shirt and shorts. She wouldn't need better clothes where she was going.

She kissed Vivian goodbye and lay an envelope on the night stand before leaving. She walked down the stairs as quietly as she could, then out the door.

"Kelly?" Wren asked as Kelly passed by her on the lawn where she lay with Jen, who was asleep.

Kelly looked back at Wren. Wren was startled when she saw the tears on Kelly's face and nodded slowly.

"I love you, kid."

Kelly nodded at Wren and continued walking. She walked down the dark street, Wren watched until she was out of sight. She didn't condone it, but she knew better than to stop her.

gV4q7�zS'��