Ch 34: Revenge

"Another one?!"

        "Yes, sir."

        "Where was he this time?"

        "The corner of Second and Park."

        "Same as last time?"

        "Exactly the same, sir."

        "I have to see this for myself. Show me the case file."

        "Yes, sir. A Mister Walsh. He was found with a folder of photographs duct taped to his chest, and only wearing a pair of boxer-breifs, same as all the others. Whoever is doing this is determined to bring all these men to justice."

        "I just wish I knew who they were..."

                                                                        *****

        "Another one?"

        "Yep."

        "When do you find the time? I thought the Home would keep you busy enough..."

        Kelly shrugged, then said, "Will you get me my binder? I want to add this photo to it..."

        Shaking his head, Peter retrieved Kelly's binder from her hiding place under the kitchen sink and passed it to her, sitting across from her to watch. Kelly took out a roll of tape and carefully taped the photo into her binder and wrote beneath it: John Walsh.

        "So what did this guy do?" Peter questioned, taking another gulp of his coffee.

        "His daughter..."

        Peter whistled long and low, raising his eyebrows, "How long had you been watching him?"

        "Two months. I needed to get enough evidence..."

        "Hey, Kel," Peter said, resting his hand on hers from across the table, "Don't you think it's time to hang up the black hoodie and box up the camera?"

        Kelly shook her head, "Not until they've all paid for what they do."

        "But, Kelly, you've already put Phil, Ted, Jesse, and Derek behind bars for life...Isn't that enough? You've gotten your payback, you saved Dee and her sisters, you've saved so MANY girls from the same life...I think it's time."

        "Peter, it will never be enough. Not until I stop this from happening once and for all--"

        "Kelly, it won't ever BE once and for all. There will always be a sicko out there who will do bad things with young girls, or maybe even boys, but you can't stop them all. It's not humanly possible."

        Kelly sighed, looking Peter in the eye, "I have to try, Pete. I have to try..."

        Just then, the kitchen door opened and Laura walked in, holding Dee's hand.

        "Hey, guys," Kelly said, slowly closing her notebook.

        "Bagged another one, huh?" Laura asked. Kelly nodded, replacing the notebook to its hiding place. Laura looked across the room at her, "I still wish there was something I could do to take back what I said about you back then..."

        "Nah," Kelly said with a smile, "It's no big deal. You didn't know, and I'm glad you didn't. I just wish I could have gotten your dad out of it without involving all of you."