Ch 31: Locked

Tyler sat on that bench in Central Park for a long while. He wondered where Peter had gone, having been with him when they arrived at the airport, then disapeared. He decided to go back and look for him. Without another thought, he gets up and heads as quickly as possible back to Peter's house.

        He's hesitant to knock, but when he does, he realizes it was his only option. As Peter's face appears in the doorway, confused and concerned, Tyler sighs, trying not to cry as he confesses.

        "Peter, I need your help..."

                                                                        *****

        The heartache that comes with losing someone is more than some can bear. Others know how to hide it, or how to move on from it, but for most, the pain sticks with them, becoming a part of them. It burrows deep into their soul until that loss sort of defines them.

        This is what happened with Marie when Tyler and Peter arrived back home to tell the news: Tyler had lost Kelly yet again.

        Without a second thought, Marie had picked up the nearest item to her, being a kitchen knife, and stabbed it into the hand that rested on the countertop. The hand being Tyler's. He cried out in pain and held his wrist while the knife was removed by Peter. He wrapped it in a towel and ran after Marie.

        "Marie, listen to me! It was a mistake! I'm sorry!"

        "You lost my daughter to that man AGAIN, Tyler! AGAIN! I can never forgive you for that!"

        Doors were slammed, locked, and were evident to not be opened for a long while, if ever again. These doors weren't only physical, but emotional, mental, and spiritual. Marie truly felt she could never forgive Tyler for his mistake of losing Kelly again. The worst part of it was: he didn't think he could forgive himself, either.