Chapter 20

Jeff's P.O.V

It's been about two days since the cruise started. It's mostly been about 'endless family fun!' As mom keeps telling us. We've done so much in this short time period, I doubt there is anything else left to do for the next week and a half. 

"Boys," Mom banged on the door. Riker groaned getting up and walking over to the door. 

"Yes mom?" he asked her.

"Riker, you have a performance this afternoon." She told him. 

"I thought the performances started next week?" I questioned sitting up. 

"They do Jeff, but the band that was supposed to perform today, the lead guitarist broke his arm and can't play his guitar. So you're father and Ryland offered for you guys to play for them this evening."

"What about me?" I questioned, not trying to make everything about myself, but feeling slightly left out. 

"Oh sweetie, you can come too." She smiled. 

"Meh I'll probably... head to the bar- I mean hang out with some friends." I said flashing her a fake smile. Unlike all my other siblings who she instantly knows when they are fake smiling, she has absolutely no idea when I am. Riker on the other hand... he can read me like an open book. Mom nodded and walked out

"Oh and Riker rehearsal starts at 11:45," She called, before walking out. The door naturally closed behind her, clicking once it was fully shut. 

"You okay?" Riker asked, referring to my fake smile. 

"Totally fine!" I tried to pull off a real smile.

"Dude, seriously? I know you better than you know yourself. What's up?" Even though I'm still mad at him, I do know he's trust worthy...

"Well... I'm just not like you guys." I mumbled.

"What do you mean? You look exactly like me!" Riker joked, I smiled for real at his failed attempt at being funny then sighed.

"You've all known each other since- birth and I'm just here hardly know anything... You know everyone's likes, and dislikes, you've seen them at theirs worst and at their bests, You've actually gotten to grow up and grow with each other and I'm just here."

"That isn't your fault... and you can't change the past. You just have to do you best. Beside you know an awful lot about me already, probably more than our sibling and mom and dad combined." Riker laughed. I smiled and nodded.

"Well, I should start getting ready," Riker looked at him phone time and stood up. He walked into the bathroom and as the door shut, my phone chimed. 

Queen Carter: Hey boo, hows the cruise? :3

Blondie Boy: Meh... I'm roomed with Riker...

Queen Carter: Aww, did you make any friends? How's it been so far?

Blondie Boy: Well, it's been pretty much 'endless family fun' except today, everyone is leaving me to perform. I didn't make any new friends, but I did run into some school friends, so we'll probably hang out sometime. :P

Queen Carter: That's cool XD Have fun! Miss ya bae.  

Blondie Boy: Miss ya too bae, see ya in a week and a half! <3

I understand that Carter and I's texting conversations look like couples, but it's literally our personalities. He's just so goofy and adorable... and I mean that in the friendly way ;)

"Umm Jeff? I've been calling your name for the past 2 minutes..." I snapped awake from my thoughts and looked at my older brother. 

"What?" I asked confused.

"I asked if you were coming to the show tonight?" Riker questioned, changing his shirt. 

"I don't know... maybe," I responded, while shrugging my shoulders. With a sigh I laid back onto my mattress and started playing Temple Run. 

"Well I have to go now, I'll either see you at lunch, dinner or the show this evening." Riker left the room, finally leaving me by myself. 

"Ugh," I groaned, pulling the pillow around my face. I slowly stood up and wondered around the small room, slowly getting myself ready for whatever was bound to happen today. I texted Seb and he said something about us meeting for lunch at the bar. I agree'd so we make the plans to happen at 1. Around 1 I walked down the hallway towards the bar. I really need sometime with these amazing guys.....