Maybe I was having an out of body experience? That would be super cool. Gosh, my inner geek monologue was embarrassing. Come on, Charlie, focus! Well this wasn't really a bad place to be. No pain, no worries, just...nothing.

But I felt I should wake up. There was always something to do. I was exhausted. Maybe this can just wait until later. But I didn't even know what would be waiting.

I took a shaky breath, and got some feeling back. I wiggled my toes and moved my fingers, regaining control. Now I needed to open my eyes. I squinted in the harsh light and looked around. I was in a hospital. Well that would make sense.

I was hooked up to lots of wires, tubes, and machines. I had bandages all over, my hand was in a sling, and I was in a hospital gown. I sat up but had a rush of dizziness that made me lie down again.

I wasn't in a good position here. I was so exposed. They would catch me for sure. I needed to get up and hide. I didn't want them to hurt my friends or me. I didn't know how much more I could take.

I made myself get up and I crashed to the floor. Something was stopping me. That damn I.V! I yanked it out, wincing at the pain. I also took the sling off. I crawled to the door and got to my feet with the support of the doorframe. Everything was so confusing, like my thoughts were jumbled up in one big ball.

"M'am, what are you doing?" A lady in scrubs asked.

"You got to help me" I cried. She wasn't Peter, Jenny, Jack, Lucy, or Billy so that was good enough for me.

The nurses face softened "Honey, you're in the hospital. Your safe now"

"What's going on?" I demanded "are you with them too?!"

The nurse put her hands up defensively "Charlotte, you escaped. There's no one here that will hurt you"

I tried to sort through my muddled memories. It all came back in one flood; Claire's death, us escaping, going to the gas station.

I sucked in a huge breath, feeling suffocated and trapped.The truth hadn't set in and I still felt threatened. Like they were lurking in every shadow and behind every corner.

More nurses approached me and I broke down, sinking to my knees and sobbing. I felt arms go around me and lift me up. She lead me back to the room and laid me down on the bed.

"They are dead, right?" I asked "the people that took me, they are gone?"

The nurse grimaced "I don't know if I'm the person to ask"

"Please" I begged. I needed to know.

"The police went back to the house they held you in. Your other friends told them how to get there. They...they only found one body of a young girl. Claire Rowland. There was blood but...no one else was there" she told me.

I wasn't safe. They were still alive and free.

"No..." The panic returned and I heard my heart monitor picking up.

"We will protect you" the nurse assured me "They will be caught and punished for their crimes"

"My friends...are they okay?" I asked.

"Yeah" she nodded, thankful for the subject change "they have made wonderful progress this past week"

"Week?"

"You sustained major head trama. We had to keep you in a medically induced coma for the past week. You are now well enough to be conscious. You should make a full recovery" As she spoke, she went and got the sling and I.V. She put them back on me then sat back down in the chairs beside my bed.

"Where's my parents?" I asked. They should be here.

"They have been here all hours of the day but suddenly left early this morning. If you'd like, you can give them a call. I would do it but I think you'll want to talk to them" I nodded, eagerly. I desperately wanted to hear their voice.

"Okay, stay here. I'll be right back" she left and came back with the phone. I dialled the familiar number, which I still knew like the back of my hand, and heard it ring.

"I'll give you a minute" the nurse mumbled and left.

The phone clicked, indicating someone had picked up. I heard breathing but no greeting.

"Mom? Dad?" I asked.

"Guess again" I knew that voice.

Peter.

_________________________________________________________________________

Ohh, cliffhanger ;) I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Pretty please fan, vote, an comment I would much appreciate it! Thanks for reading! :)