Chapter 35- This Is Our Song

"Come on, you can't just keep ignoring him. It's been two weeks!" Dylan protests. I raise an eyebrow and chuckle angrily. "So you're taking his side?" I snap, he shakes his head.

"No of course not, what he did was wrong but he was just trying to shield you from it so you wouldn't act out. Come on, you have to talk to him, you can't keep avoiding him"

"Watch me" I started walking away and he grabbed my wrist "wait. There's a story behind the reason he didn't tell you"

"What do you mean?"

"Look, it's not my story to tell but all of us have gone through some sort of death. He just has had more than all of us" Without another word he walked away leaving me speechless. I don't know whether to feel angry or upset. I poured my heart out to him about my past. Why didn't Jake tell me?

I am approached by the girls. "What's up, you look like you've been hit by a truck" Amanda questions apprehensively. I unintentionally glared at her which made her be quiet. Mia was the first one to break the silence.

"He's staring" Mia points over to Jake and the guys. "Let him. He's not getting an apology from me"

"But Sam-"

"No buts, will everyone just leave me alone about this?!" I shout angrily. Amanda slams her hands on the table. "No we can't Sam! You don't understand. Let him explain!" She shouts.

"Why does everyone keep saying That?!"

"Just talk to him and you'll see" she says annoyingly

"Fine!" I shout while slamming my hands on the table and walking over to Jake. "Look can we talk?" I ask, feeling frustrated, he nods and leads me outside.

"Look Sam, I'm sorry for everything-" I cut him off by putting a hand in front of his face. "No I'm sorry, I shouldn't have shouted at you when you were just trying to help me. Dylan said that you have experienced more death than all of us and I don't mean to pry but care to explain?"

"You may want to sit down" he says witch a chuckle. I sit and he swallows, clearly indicating that he's nervous.

"Well, as you know Ethan and I are the same age but we are not twins. We are not twins because I am adopted. When I was four, my mom, dad, and older sister were in a really bad car accident and they didn't make it but I did. Maddie took me in and that's why she calls me her son. Then when I was 14, my girlfriend got hit by a car and she died. I was so torn up that I went into a state of depression. When I finally picked up the pieces in my life, you came along and that's why I hesitated to ask you out. Now, grams died in her sleep and no matter how upset I am all I can think about is you. Wherever I go or whoever I get close to, death follows and I am afraid that something is going to happen to you or the guys, or mom" He's actually crying oh my god.

I give him a huge hug and he lets it all out. "Shh it's okay. Look at me. I am not going anywhere, I will follow you till the end of the earth. I'm sorry that you also lost people that you cared about. But I will love you no matter what and I know this sounds cheesy but since I have been here, I have never felt safer anywhere than in your arms" I say and he smiles.

"I love you"

"I love you more" I reply, earning a laugh from him.

"What's so funny?"

"It's kind of ironic ya know? You and I being together after experiencing partially the same things" I let out a little chuckle.