Chapter 9- Family Memories Are Worth Cherishing

"Come on Daddy! I wanna get my money" I plead, pulling on his leg because he's to tall and I can't reach his arm.

"Sweetie, I don't think we can go today. Your mom is sick so I have to take care of her"

"What about after. Can we go after you're done? Please daddy?" I plead, excited to get my birthday money out of the bank. He smiles. "Okay anything for you sweetie" he replies, tickling me.

"Yay! I love you Daddy!" I gave him a big bear hug and giggled.

"I love you too"

We finally get to the bank after hours of running errands for mommy. Daddy puts his card into the machine, puts in his PIN number and withdraws my money.

All of a sudden out of nowhere, a guy with a black ski mask comes up to daddy and yells "Put the money in the bag!"

"No. Get behind be Sammy" my dad says pushing me behind him. "Put the money in the bag or the girl dies" the mean man says while pointing a gun towards me.

"Daddy I'm scared!"

"It's gonna be okay baby, just put the money in the bag like this man asked" he says giving me the bag, a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I am putting the money in the bag when I hear a gunshot go off and my dad and that man both go down.

I run over to my dad. He's not moving. "Daddy? Daddy wake up!" I say shaking him

"Daddy please!" I shout, hugging him. He still doesn't move.

"This is all my fault!" I scream

"THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!" I scream while jumping up out of bed. Jake and Eddie come into my room and hug me.

"Sam?" Eddie says worriedly, Jake starts cradling me like a baby as I cry into his arms.
"Sam Sh Sh Sh, it was just a dream. Your okay. Everything's okay" Jake says, rubbing my shoulders as a calming mechanism.

"No everything's not okay. He's gone and he's not coming back. I killed him and there's nothing I can do about it!" I whisper yell, he wipes away my tears.

"Look Sam, none of this is your fault. It was that horrible mans fault. He killed your dad. Not you. Please I don't like seeing you like this" Eddie replied, wrapping his arms around me and Jake.

"Thanks guys. You're the best. I love you" I return their hugs and wipe away my tears. "We are gonna be here forever and always. If you ever have a problem, tell one of us and we can easily solve it" Eddie replied, looking at Jake, I laugh.

Once I calmed down, they got up to leave but I stopped them. "Guys?"

They turned around and looked at me "Yes?" I gave them pleading eyes. "Can you stay with me?"Eddie and Jake smirk at each other and Eddie comes next to my bed, grabs one of my pillows and plops on the floor.

"Move over" Jake says, laying next to me. I move over and lay on his chest. He puts his arm around my waist and I sigh. I think I can sleep peacefully now

"Goodnight boys I love you"

"Love you too" Jake replied, kissing the top of my head. We look over at Eddie because he's not responding but we see that he is already fast asleep.
—————-
Ring... Ring

"What the- OW F**K" Eddie shouts, jumping up and banging his head on my nightstand. Jake and I start hysterically laughing. "It's her alarm dufus" Jake says shaking his head and laughing.

"Well that's some loud ass alarm" Eddie says with a hint of frustration in his voice, I chuckle. "Hmm I wonder why? I don't know maybe because it's right above you" I reply, pointing to the clock.

"Well you should have moved it. I got the f*cking shit scared out of me. I was dreaming that I was about to kiss Megan Fox and then she opened her mouth and a loud ringing came out. It was some scary shit man" Eddie had a look of fear spread across his face, while Jake just broke down into a laughing fit. At this point, he's not even making a noise just a wheezing sound.

"Keep dreaming buddy" I reply, giggling.

"It's not funny!" Eddie says throwing a pillow at Jake but it hits me. I give him a competitive look and smirk. "I see how it is. You wanna go? Let's go!" I charge at him with a pillow at hit him in the face wit it.

"Oh you're so on!" he says, hitting me with his pillow. Jake is still fighting to catch his breath because he's laughing so hard. Just imagine, a person rolling on the floor holding their stomach wheezing. That's Jake right now.

After five minutes of fighting and wheezing, we realize that the twins are standing at the door with their cameras on.

"This is going to go on YouTube"Mikey says with a laugh. "Totally" Toby replied, high fiveing Mikey. Eddie, Jake, and I look at each other, smirk and go running after the twins. It helps that I'm on the soccer team and that Eddie and Jake are on the football team, but this chase could go on forever considering that the twins are on the track team. We run after them into the kitchen when Maddie stops everybody.

"Woah, woah, woah, boys stop! Why are you all running?" Maddie asks demanding for an answer. I guess she's in a bad mood but what single mom, who just woke up to hear and see five kids running after each other screaming wouldn't be?

"You" I say

"Tube" Jake says

"Video" Eddie says. We are all out of breath. Maddie huffs in frustration. "Give me your cameras, I want to see this video" The boys grunt and hand her their phones. Maddie presses play. After she watches it she laughs.

"Okay now I can see why. But boys, how many times have I told you not to upload a video without a person's consent first?"

"Can we post it?" The twins ask the three of us, with hope evident in their voices. "NO!" We all shout in unison.

"But it's so funny" Mikey protests, Toby pouts. we give them the death stare. Jake and Eddie take their phones and delete the videos.

"Mission accomplished" I reply, Jake starts laughing again. "Are you on drugs? You're finding everything funny right now" I question, half serious.

"N-no" he says catching his breath. Maddie pulls us into a group hug. "Family moments are the best. See boys these are the moments we will cherish forever" Maddie smiles at all of us, I smile back at the mentioning of her calling me family.

Family. It feels good to finally be able to say it. I love my new family and nothing can change that. Even though your mom or dad or sister or in my case "brothers" annoy you, cherish it because one day they will not be here and all you will have left are pictures and memories. I love Maddie and the boys and I always will. There are many memories ahead of us, but the question is what will happen?