Chapter 13- The Anniversary

Ring... Ring

Who the hell is calling me at 3 am?

Once I saw the caller ID, I got aggravated so I snapped at my brother. "What!"

"Why won't you talk to me! Are you okay considering it's the anniversary of his death?"

"Matt, it's 3am call back later"

"No. Not until you talk to me"

"Fine. Hello! Matt so nice to talk to you at 3 am. I'm fine. Bye" I reply sarcastically, he gasps.

"Oh no you don't-" I cut him off by hanging up the phone. There's no way I am talking to him. Not over this now. Not ever.

Ring... Ring I press decline

Ring... Ring I decline again.

Ring... Ring that's how my night went, I tried to sleep, and then he would call. He finally stopped trying so I fell asleep.

Beep... Beep...Beep

"UGGGGGHHHHH" I scream as my alarm clock goes off. "Sam, time for breakfast" Maddie calls for me through the intercom, I huff in frustration and press the intercom button back.

"Coming!" I started walking slowly down the stairs. All that was going through my head was please don't fall please don't fall, but of course the universe was not on my side because I tripped over the bottom three steps. Mikey and Ethan started laughing, I threw them a spine chilling glare.

While Maddie was making breakfast, I put my head down and closed my eyes. Then somebody slammed their hand on the counter and I jump up.

"What the hell?!" I yell at Ethan, he chuckles. "Woah. What crawled up your ass"

"My brother" I spit out angrily.

"What about him?"

"He called me at 3 am to talk about my relationship status so I hung up on him and he's been calling me all night nonstop until 3 minutes before my alarm went off so I got absolutely no sleep"

"Why didn't you just shut your phone off?" Toby asks, making me sound like I'm the dumbest person in the world, I chuckle. "Because he would know, and then he would somehow find the house phone number and wake all of you guys as well."

"Well then I think you should stay home and get some rest" Maddie says, I smile widely. "Really? You would allow me to do that?"

"If it means keeping you healthy, then absolutely" she replied with a smile back, I start jumping up and down. I literally love this woman, more than I love my sleep and that says a lot considering sleep is my favorite thing ever.

"Thank you" I gave her a bear hug, she chuckled. "Now scoot, up to bed and get some rest" she says, pushing me upstairs. I smile as I come face to face with Eddie and Jake.

"Ready for school?" Eddie and Jake ask, my smile only grew wider as I shook my head. "Actually, I am staying home today" I gave them a smile that made me look like a child on Christmas morning opening presents. Unfortunately, Jake wasn't so happy about it.

"No fair! If she's staying, I'm staying" Jake whines like a child, Maddie chuckles. "Fine you can stay home too."

"Same here "Eddie says, Ethan smirks, taking this as his opportunity. "I'm always looking for a reason to get out of school, I'm in."

"Us too" the twins reply, Maddie shakes her head. "Oh no you don't, you two are going to school and that's final" Maddie says putting her foot down, the twins huff in frustration.