Chapter 25- Stupid Nicknames and Masqerades

As I am just quietly sitting down on my bed reading one of my romance novels, my phone buzzes and I see that it's a text from Amanda:

A- You're invited to celebrate my 17th masquerade birthday party!
Place- my house
Time- 6-11pm
Date- Labor Day

S- cool, why a masquerade tho?

A- you know my parents, they want to show off our house and be fancy and all that shit. They figure that a masquerade is fancy and I think it will be fun!

S- great! I'm looking forward to it
-----------------
Labor Day...
"Sam oh my god, this is it, this is it! In two minutes, I'll be seventeen" Amanda says excitedly, I chuckle. "Yay, now you can join the club. I can't wait for the party"

" Me too! Let's start getting ready."

"Yeah this is going to be awesome-" I am cut off by Katie bursting through the door. "I'm here bitches! Let's do this thang"

"Oh my god guys, I am officially 17!" Amanda cheers, jumping up and down. Katie and I clap for Amanda."Yay! Now we should get ready, we only have two hours and Amanda, we are gonna look hot especially you" Katie says and she smiles

"Alright, let's do this. Amanda you go first. Go get your dress on" I say with a smile. She grabs a bag with her dress in it and goes into the bathroom. A few minutes later, Amanda comes out in a beautiful mint green strapless dress. Katie has a hot pink high low dress while I just have a black dress.

"Do you wear any other dress color besides black?" Katie asks, I chuckle as Amanda shakes her head. "No"

"No nu-uh you are not wearing that" Amanda snaps, shaking her head, I glare at her. "Then what am I supposed to wear?"

"I have the perfect dress!" Amanda excitedly runs into her closet. She pulls out a high low dress, it is silver on the top and a greenish/blue color on the bottom.

"Alright fine, I'll wear this"

"Alright Amanda, sit down so Sam here can do your make up and I can do your hair" Katie says, pushing Amanda down in from of her mirror.

I focus more on her lips because nobody is going to be looking at her eye shadow because they won't be able to see it. I do light pink lips and Katie parted Amanda's hair in the middle and curled it.

"Wow, Amanda you look beautiful" Comment excitedly, clapping my hands, she does a little twirl. "Thank you. Now let us do yours now" she says pushing me into the chair she was just sitting in. A few minutes later, I see that Katie curled my hair and just let it fall normally.

"I love it!" Amanda did red lipstick on me even though the dress is blue but I don't understand makeup so yeah. Katie did her own hair fancy and did dark red lips. Finally, we all put on our masks and go downstairs.

"Amanda, the guests are going to be here in ten minutes" Amanda's mom says as we hear the door bell ring. "Sarah, can you get that?" Amanda yells asking the maid Sarah while running up the stairs and dragging me and Katie with her

"What are you doing?"

"We are going to make a dramatic entrance once all of the guests arrive"
-----
Once all of the guests arrived, Me Amanda and Katie are about to walk down the stairs. "Ready to shine?" I ask Amanda, she smiles and nods.