Chapter 7- Laughs, Parties and Hospital visits

Today is December 31st,  New Year's Eve. The past month I have done really well avoiding Jake because he didn't talk to me, which I am very thankful for because I don't think I would be able to handle it.

There's a knock at my door so I get up and open it to reveal Ethan.

"Hey, we are gonna go to a party tonight. Wanna come?" He says, I shake my head as images from the last party pop into my head.

"No thanks, remember what happened last time?"

"Yeah but this time will be different. Come on, you haven't been to a party in a month. I miss my drinking buddy" he says with the puppy eyes, I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Fine I'll go. Only if Katie and Amanda can come too."

"Alright deal. But you better still be my drinking buddy" he says while giving me a hug, I smile.

"Forever and always" I reply laughing. After he leaves my room, my phone rings and I see that it's Katie.

"Hey girl what's up?"

"Sam, I heard about this party and I am definetly gonna come. You know what that means?" She questions excitedly, I grunt. I know exactly what's coming.

"We get to dress you up!"

"No. There's no reason for me to get dressed up anymore" I reply, thinking about that night which just makes me mad.

"Come on Sam, it's been a month. You have to move on" Katie says with a sigh. I shake my head as the image of his face pops into my head.

"I just can't okay. Every person that I get close to eventually does something to abandon me and I can't go through that again"

"Fine but can I at least do you hair?"

"Only because I know you won't give up anyway"

"Alright, see you in ten" she says excitedly as I hang up the phone. I honestly love this girl, like she's so understanding and nice, and she always tries to cheer me up when I'm feeling down. She's like the female Dylan.

Ten minutes later I got dressed in my black and white flannel with a black tank top, leggings, and my Jordan's. Katie comes bursting through the door yelling my name.

"What?" I say confused as to why she's out of breath. "It's Jake and Dylan, they're fighting downstairs and it's getting bad"

"WHAT?!" I immediately charged out of my room and ran downstairs when I vaguely hear what their fighting about.

"YOU KISSED MY GIRLFRIEND!" Dylan screams and throws a punch at Jake. I gasp, what the hell?

"I did and I enjoyed it. If I can't have love I figured nobody else should either" Jake says smugly, Dylan charges at him. They are now punching each other on the floor. I can't take it so I run down to them.

"STOP IT!" I scream at the top of my lungs and then they stop and look at me.

"What is wrong with you two?! You're supposed to be best friends" I yell looking at both of them, Dylan glared at Jake and then looks innocently back at me.

"We were until he kissed Bri" Bri is Dylan's girlfriend. My eyes went wide as I turned to Jake.

"HOW COUKD YOU DO THAT TO YOUR BEST FRIEND!" I shout, slapping his arm hard, he just looks down. He knows he's guilty, he just doesn't want to admit it. I can't help but wonder what's going through his mind right now.

"You two are supposed to be best friends. You kissed his girlfriend? How could you. I thought you were better than that. First you kiss Emily and mock me and now you kiss Bri and mock Dylan?! You're a manwhore and an asshole if you think this is all okay!" I yell at Jake, he chuckles. It was then that I smelled the alcohol on his breath and realized that he was drunk.