Chapter 27- Suprise

My day was going perfect until multiple events happened to change my mood. So here's how everything went down:

"Hey, ready to go" Jake asks with a wide smile, I smile back and nod excitedly. "Yup" Jake is taking me ice skating for our date and I am both excited and nervous because I've never actually been ice skating before.

Let's hope this goes okay.
----
We just arrived at the rink and let's just say that my excitement dropped a ton. I see teens and little kids slipping, sliding and falling, all my excitement instantly turned into fear.

Once we got our skates on, Jake dragged me onto the ice. I was holding onto the railing for dear life. "Within your seventeen years of life, you've never been skating before?" Jake asks with a chuckle, I shake my head and tighten my grip on the railing.

"And now I can see why I haven't gone. This is some scary shit man" I reply with a sad face. He laughs and grabs my hand.

"As long as I am next to you on this ice, I won't let anything happen to you" he said with a smile. Every instinct I had in me told me not to let go, but I trust Jake. So I let go and held onto his arm for dear life.

"There you go, left right, left right, left right" he cheers me on. My frown easily turned into a smile as I realized I was getting the hang of it. "I'm doing it!" I started jumping up and down but I lost my balance and almost fell until Jake caught me.

"I told you that I wouldn't let you fall" he says with a smirk. Once he pulled me up I gave him a kiss which only caused the both of us to fall down in the process, but I didn't care. Because for once I actually felt safe in his arms.

After a few hours of skating or should I say holding onto Jake for dear life, we decided to get some hot chocolate because it is really cold outside and we only made it worse by going skating.

"You did not!" I start hysterically laughing as a faint blush raises to his cheeks and he buried his head into his hands. "Yes I did"

"When I came, you thought I was a transgender?"

"Well yeah, mom said Sam and we all never realized that Sam could also be short for Samantha"

"Well aren't you glad I'm not a dude?"

"Absolutely. You're awesome, amazing, wonderful and full of surprises" he says while grabbing my hand.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"It's definitely a good thing" he said with a wink, I smile wide and then sigh. "You know, before I came here I had no hope left. I thought that it was gonna be horrible living with five hormonal teenage boys. I thought that there was no fixing me. But then after staying here for a while, I realized that I am not a broken toy but I am a confident and spunky girl. You guys made me realize the good things in life, and I want to thank you" I reply with a smile, he intertwined our fingers as his face lit up.

"I felt the exact same way. Before you came here, I was going through drama with Emily. But after everything that has happened, I stopped caring about what she thinks and what she wants and focused on what I wanted. I have my family, friends and happiness and that's all that matters to me"

"I'm glad"

"I love you Samantha Scott"

"I love you too Jake Carter" I reply as we paid the bill for our food. We ended up walking home holding hands. However as we were walking through the city coming back from our wonderful date I looked behind me only to see a man watching us.

"I think someone is following us" I whisper to Jake, he shakes his head and chuckles. "Nah, you're just being dramatic"

"Really? A guy in a dark hat that covers his face has been looking at us and just coincidentally is going the same way as us?!" I whisper yell, he rolls his eyes.

"Ugh fine" Jake turns around and notices this mysterious guy I have been watching. Once he realized that I was right about this guy following us, Jake went to talk to the guy.

"Hey you!" Jake says to the guy, he takes off but we are right on his trail. We managed to corner him off in an alley and Jake hoisted him up by the jacket.

"Why are you following us?" Jake snaps, shaking the guy. As his hat fell off, I instantly noticed the similar feature that I had grown so fond of. Once I actually realized who it was I panicked.

No.

It cant be.

"Dad?" I was so shocked I felt like passing out. He looks up and smiles at me. "Hey Sammy"

"But how? Why? What? I thought you were dead-" I am cut off by my phone ringing. "Keep him like that Jake. I want answers" I step away and taking the phone call.

"Hello?"

"Oh my god finally someone answered their damn phone" a voice says that I easily recognize as Toby's says out of breath.

"Why what's up?"

"Dani is in labor"

"What?!"