Chapter 16- Thanks For Being My Rainbow

"Sam are you sure you want to go, you can stay out again if you want" Maddie asks, I shake my head.

"No. I have already missed two weeks of school, I need to catch up on my work"

"Okay. Off you go, the boys are waiting outside. I love you, be careful and good luck" she says kissing my head

"Love you too" I reply, walking out the door.

"Get in loser were going shopping" Eddie says, clearly quoting mean girls. I couldn't help but smile.

"There's that smile I know and love" Jake adds on, opening the back seat door for me.
-----
We walk into school and everyone is staring at me and whispering. "I guess news travels fast huh?" I say with a sigh, Jake nods and gives me a kiss.

"Look babe, I'm sorry but I got to go see coach about tonight's game. I'll see you in class. Love you" he gives me another kiss and runs to catch up to coach.

"At least I still have you" I say smiling at Ethan only to see that he is checking out a bunch of senior, I sigh. He looks at me and I nod " go ahead" I huff sarcastically, he smiles and runs over to them. I walk to my locker and get my things, luckily I moved because Emily almost shut my locker on my fingers.

"What the hell is your problem?!" I yell, she laughs. This girl is about to get one serious ass whooping. "So I see that your mom finally had enough of you too" she says smirking, I glare at her.

"You don't know what you're talking about" growl with anger clearly rising in my voice. "Well I'm just saying, it made sense. She didn't want you, so she sent you here so she could die-" I punch her straight in the face, cutting her off from her sentence. Blood is coming from her nose, I smirk victoriously as everyone looks at us.

"You bitch!" She yells holding her nose, I chuckle and whisper in her ear. "You better not say that again or the outcome will be much worse" She looked at me in fear and ran down the hall crying. I decided to skip class, and just hang out under the bleachers. But after awhile my brain had processed what just happened and I broke down crying.

I guess Jake and the guys figured it out because during 3rd period all of them came running over to me.

"Oh Sam" Ethan says with a sigh, I immediately feel worse. If fun, outgoing and strong Ethan Carter felt bad for you, you know that your life must be pretty bad.

"Stop. I don't want to talk about it" I reply, still crying putting my head between my knees, Dylan sits down next to me. "Okay then let's talk about rainbows" Dylan says, I look at him with daggers.

"I wish I could see a rainbow in my life. If I would see a rainbow then maybe my life would be better. There are no rainbows in my life as of right now. Everything bad happens to me and I hate it. Why does the world hate me?" I cry out in pain. Dylan wipes away my tears and cups my cheeks with his hands.

"Sam listen to me. There is a rainbow in your life. You have us, and the girls. We are your rainbow. We are your good thing. We all love you. And as for Emily, I'll have a stern talking to with her. Where is she anyway? I'll talk to her right now" he says getting up, I smile.

"I punched her in the face and broke her nose" I mumble, I guess Ethan heard me because he says "f*ck yeah! That's my girl" Dylan turns around.

"What? I couldn't hear you" he replied, smiling. He heard me, he just wants to cheer me up.

"I said I punched her in the face and broke that bitches nose" I shout proudly while smiling. I shouldn't be getting all worked up over what she said because I know that my mom loved me and that she would have been proud that I punched her. She totally deserved it

"Awesome!" Toby runs up to me and gives me a bear hug, I look at him and chuckle. "What was that for?"

"For being my rainbow " he replies, I smile so brightly. This kid is so cheesy that he just makes my day.

"Aww. I love you little bro" I say ruffling his hair. "I really wish you would stop doing that" he protests, I laugh.

"Neverrrrr" I say exaggerating the 'R'

"Well I could always just have the guys carry you home and throw you in the pool" he says with a smug look, my eyes bug out. It's the middle of Feburary, the water is gonna be freezing.

"You'll never catch me coppers!" I go to turn around but I immediately run into someone's chest. Of course, it just had to be Jake.

"Gotcha" he says picking me up. I bang my fists into his back kicking and punching him. "Jake, let. Me. Down" I shout still pounding after about fifteen minutes, he chuckles.

"Okay if you insist" he replied, throwing me. I didn't even realize where he was throwing me until I saw the back of the house.

"No-" I was cut off by the freezing pool water. I jump up screaming. I get out of the pool giving them all death stares. "Jakey, come and give me a hug" I didn't even give him a choice, I just hugged him and started rubbing my body on him to make sure he was as cold as I was.

"Ewwww" Mikey whines, I look at him and smirk. "Oh what's that I hear, you want one too? Okay" I say, walking over to him. He shook his head and ran faster than the wind so I laugh.
--------
Throughout the rest of the day, I felt really cold and I couldn't stop coughing. I tried everything to warm me up, I tried sitting in a hot shower, heating pad, drinking soup, and I am currently laying under a bunch of blankets on the couch.

"Are you okay?" Maddie asks, I snuggle and nod. "Yeah I'm- AHH CHOOOO!"

"Sam, I think you have a fever" Maddie says, touching my forehead. Once she quickly pulling away, I got nervous.

"Oh my god Sam, your burning up!" She had a worried expression on her face. I glare at the boys.

"Hmm I wonder why? Maybe it's because they threw me in the pool!" I shout, her expression turns from worried to angry. She turns to the boys.

"YOU IDIOTS! HOW COULD YOU THROW HER IN THE FREEZING POOL IN THE MIDDLE OF FEBRUARY?!" She yells, they all look at her innocently.

"We're sorry?" Ethan said, but it came out as more of a question. "You should be, because you're all grounded for two weeks. Dylan, I think it's time for you to leave" she says politely , he nods.

"Yes m'am. Bye guys, feel better Sam." he replied, waving and laughing. Once the door closed, Maddie went into full strict mom mode.

"Toby and Mikey, you can both give her a foot massage. One foot for each of you" she says with smile, I look at them as a smirk forms on my face.

"Ethan, you will be in charge of doing her homework and class work" she adds on, he groans. I think she chose that for him because she knows how much he hates work. Ha, that's what you get.

"Eddie, you can-" I cut her off by running to the bathroom to puke. After two minutes, I come out. I didn't get to hear what she put Eddie in charge of.

"And Jake. Since you threw her in, you can be on puke duty" she said again, I laughed and deviously put my hands together. Oh this should be fun.

"I am going to go get crackers for you. Boys get to work!" she demands, clapping her hands together and walking out the front door.

I look at all of them smiling. "Well what are you waiting for?" I say with a smirk, they all groan as I laugh.

Ooooh this is going to be so fun