Chapter 24- The Powers

Start from the beginning

"First off, it's Nia. I'm not a queen, so no need for you to call me little queen. Also, business? What business do you have with me?" I interrupt. He rolls his eyes and sighs

"Fine, Nia, if you didn't interrupt me you'd know what business I have with you."

"Sorry." I murmur.

"Anyway, you need to kill the queen and take her place, or this realm will be destroyed." Amaro says calmly. I gape at him and exclaim

"Destroyed?! How can you say that so calmly? What do you mean by that, is my insane aunt going to blow up the realm or something if I don't kill her by becoming queen?"

"Well, not exactly. She will eventually capture you and your sister, torture you both until you become emotionless, and basically evil in a human looking shell. Then, she will use youth destroy the realm, like the prophecy said could happen."

"What prophecy?"

"At the creation of the Dark Earth Queen and her Consort, the leader of her Warriors, a wise woman said that there will be twin descendants of the two royal families in this realm, two girls. It was said that these two girls would have unimaginable powers linking to the powers of the two royal families, and together they would either unite the realm, or destroy it. Also, if they were ever separated, this wouldn't help, because near their 18th birthday, they would reunited, and their destiny would start the path that would lead to the destruction or the union of the realm."

"Wow." I say, sitting down, hugging my knees to my chest. Ivy and I have unimaginable powers? There's a possibility that we are going to destroy the realm?

"See, that is why you need to kill your aunt, so she doesn't turn you two into the twins hat will destroy the realm. Kill her so you can be the twins that unite it instead." Amaro whispers, bending down in front of me.

Suddenly, I hear a twig snap nearby. I whirl my head around to see what it is, and not seeing anything, I turn to look back at Amaro. But, he's gone.

"Choose on the next full moon..." The wind, or maybe Amaro, whispers to me. The voice sounded masculine, so it probably was somehow Amaro.

"Nia!" Saber exclaims, running into the clearing. I stand up and turn to look at him. He's shaking. I run forward and hug him tightly. He squeezes me back, but then moves his hands up to cup the back of my head. He presses a soft kiss on my lips, one that I return, until we break away for breath, smiling.

"I was so scared when I heard you scream and I couldn't use the connection to find you." He whispers, hugging me again.

"I'm sorry. I just needed some time alone. I didn't mean to scare you, I just needed to release my emotions." I reply. Saber pulls away and looks me in the eye, putting his serious face on.

"Nia, it's not your fault that they are dead, it's Cora's fault, so don't blame yourself, okay?" I nod. "Okay, let's go back to the house." Saber grabs my hand and starts to pull me out of the clearing. I look back to see the black rose is still there, and I ask the darkness to bring it to me. A tendril drops it in my hand, and I whisper thanks.

I can sense the darkness following me as we walk. At first it feels weird and kind of creepy, but I soon get used to it. It's nice, in a strange way.

When we finally get back to the house, sadness descends over us once more. I kiss Saber's cheek and hand him the rose, walking inside the house, leaving him feeling shocked and confused outside. He quickly follows me though, asking questions. I sigh and motion for him to follow me, going back outside to show him my new powers.

He is shocked, but happy for me, since I am happy with my new powers. They might be from my aunt, but they are also from my mom. I feel more connected to her.

Saber and I have dinner, then go upstairs to sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night, I feel something calling me outside to the backyard. When I step outside, Amaro appears.

"I forgot to tell you one thing, little queen." He states, sadness in his eyes.

"What did you forget to tell me?" I ask, concerned as to what he's about to say with the look on his face. He sighs, running his fingers through his hair.

"There's a penalty to becoming queen."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Author's Note:

Hi guys! I know I already posted a cliffhanger today, but I just had to finish this chapter like this!

Question:
What do you think of Amaro, is he trustworthy?

I can't say anything about Amaro since it'd totally spoil the book.