Twenty ~ Explosion

Mulai dari awal

"What's going on?" Brianna asked as they walked down the hallway.

"They've brought a new patient in and I've persuaded them to let you help with surgery."

"Why? I'm not fully trained for that yet. After all you've said it yourself I'm still only in high school."

"Because, A, you are the brightest trainee we have in this hospital and, B, nobody really cares about what happens to this guy if we're completely honest."

"Why?" Brianna asked as she stopped in her tracks. "Who is he?"

"His name is William Barrow."

While Brianna was travelling the country she kept up to date with all of the Beacon Hills news just in case they had any updates on what was presumed to be a Hale house arson. One day, while checking for updates she came across another story. Brianna was pretty sure it took place just outside of Beacon Hills in a neighbouring town but she took some interest in it.

A total psychopath had built a homemade bomb then he placed it onto a bus full of school children. Then he blew it up. Unfortunately, one of few people who didn't die was the crazy man who did it. All thoughts of the story was lost when the man who did it was captured. But not anymore.

Turns out the man who did it had a tumour in his chest due to the impact of the explosion. For some reason it took them nearly three years for the cops to notice it. But finally they did. At first they wanted to take him to the County Prison Hospital who are literally trained to deal with ill prisoners but even they rejected him.

So there he was. In a hospital bed at Beacon Hills General Hospital. A public place.

And his name? William Barrow.

"You have to let me go in there with her." Brianna urged the man guarding Barrow's door. In typical bad luck fashion, Melissa was asked to do a health check on Barrow.

"One at a time."

"Please-"

"No."

With a sigh, Brianna took a seat outside of the room. She didn't care what that man said. If Melissa so much as gasped in fear, Brianna would be in there.

Due to the entire hallway being silent Brianna could pick up on some of the conversation between Barrow and Melissa. It started off just your standard health check with a little more terror added into it from Melissa. Then he changed the subject. And Melissa obliged.

"Why'd you do it?" Melissa questioned referring to killing and injuring some innocent kids.

"I saw their eyes." He whispered. "Their eyes were glowing. I saw them." He then began to yell like a mad man which he technically was.

Brianna leaped to her feet and pushed her way into the hospital room. The creepy man was flailing around in the bed in such a manner nobody realised Brianna had pushed her way into the room. She grabbed Melissa's arm and pulled her away. As soon as they were out in the hallway they exchanged looks.

"Glowing eyes." Melissa stated. "I think we know a few kids with a pair of them."

Brianna sighed, changing her eyes from brown to purple. "And I'm one of them." She added. Her eyes turned back brown due to her not doing anything involved her powers and she glanced at the room.

Well, shit.

***

When Brianna imagined her first surgery, she kind of pictured actually wanting to save the person on the table. But instead there she was, stood around with better trained doctors and nurses cutting into a psychotic mans chest. No better way to spend your last day of being sixteen.