When You're Gone

I'm really sorry for my very very late update fellas. Some unexpected things happened this weekend and this is my time to update. Like the video?

=•=

Snow falls softly from the dark sky, covering his tracks as he continued walking along the stairway.

The dark-haired man in an all black attire trekked his way up to the stairways covered in snow, hands in his pockets, his pet chameleon hiding under his black fedora. Three years. It's been three years since he last visited this place. Three years since he left without looking back, no communitcation, just nothing.

"Hey," the black-haired man turned to the brunet that was slightly buried under the mountains of paperworks. He almost pitied the man. Keyword: almost. "Are you going to go back to Japan?"

"I'm not." The man in fedora answered after a long pause. "I'm going to travel but occasionally, I'll go back here to supervise how you handle Vongola."
A smile tug at the brunet's lips. "Just darn. I just have to wait for the right time."

The hitman peered at the brunet. "The right time?"

At first, he never ever know what the brunet meant by that but as time passes, he finally find out what that meant. After his long time spent being a baby, unable to do anything to relieve himself, when his student finally inherit the throne and he finally turned into his full glory, everything changed.

The travel he requested from weeks, turned into months, and to years, the places very far from Italy, and the occassional visit he promised was forgotten as he got drunk of his own freedom. Freedom of doing everything he wants. He was drunk of his freedom that he forgot to return to the place he recall as his home.

He grumbled under his breath as he parted away from the woman he was currently tied on lip-lock to pick up his phone from the desk. Frowning at the name of the caller, he gritted his teeth, answering it.

"God damn it, Dame-Tsuna. Why are you calling me in an ungodly hour? Do you need help for wiping your shit again?" He sneered angrily, must from the amount of wine he drank. The woman snickered below him as the brunet at the other side frowned.

"Reborn? Are you drunk?" Reborn laughed, a harsh sound that send shivers at the brunet's spine. "I'm sober up, Dame-Tsuna. Hearing your voice is not so refreshing." After another harsh chuckle, he end the call, throwing the phone behind him as he grinned at the woman below him. "Now, where are we?"

From the other side, the brunet sighed sadly when he heard the end call. Unfortunately, all of his guardians called for a day-off, leaving him alone. The brunet looked sady outside, seeing the snow started to fall.
"Well, Merry Christmas for myself then."

Everything was all fun at the beginning. He return to his old ways before he was cursed, until he'd finally have the nerve to accept the invitation sent to him by the Vongola for their annual Christmas Celebration. Now, here he was, walking up to the hall where the party is held.

Reaching to the main hall, he was greeted by cheery sounds of music, the joyful laughter of the people talking to each other. He shifted his fedora down lower, until he'd finally seen the familiar anti-gravity hair of his student.

He was about to move towards the group until he noticed something odd. Hibari Kyoya, his student's Cloud Guardian has his arm around the brunet's petite waist, as the other latter laughed and smiled at what the skylark whispered to him. Something at his chest bubbled up, making him seen red, as he clenched his fist involuntarily.

The brunet finally noticed him, waving at him enthusiastically. "Reborn!" Tsuna smiled widely, running towards him while dragging his Cloud Guardian by the hand. "You came!"

"Yeah, Dame-Tsuna." Reborn faked a smirk even with the sharp pain at his chest, like a hot rod poking his heart. "Finally have the balls to confess?" Tsuna pouted before giving him a smile that seemed to decipter something. "Confessing to Kyoya is one of the things I will never regret." Tsuna laughed softly as he noticed the skylark nudged his waist in embarassment. Hibari whispered something to the brunet which cause the latter to laugh. Tsuna smiled again at Reborn before giving a sheepish laugh. "Sorry, we need to go now." Without any argument, Hibari took the lead of dragging the laughing brunet away, swinging their interlocked hands together. Reborn watched them go, when a familiar voice spoke behind him.

"You were supposed to be with Tsuna today you know? If you only didn't ignore him for three years." Reborn glared at Colonello that was twirling his glass of wine. "Kyoya just act faster than you. And he managed to take Tsuna's feelings for you by returning his feelings. Kora."

"Shut it, Colonello." Reborn growled at the blond who seemed to not mind his warning. "Now where are you? Watching with jealousy as your almost lover walked away with his lover." Colonello chuckled, swinging his glass of wine amusedly. "You just don't know what you have until it's gone, Reborn. That's your blind spot." The blond shook his head before going back to his fiancé, leaving the hitman behind.