CHAPTER 12 ★ Last Minute Duet

Start from the beginning

"Hi Lauren." She gave me a genuine smile.

"Hi Camila." Hmm, something's off... I can feel it. As she put the headphones on, I kept looking at her.

"Staring isn't gonna get you anywhere Lauren." Uncle Trevor surprised me with his statement. He tried muffling his laugh afterwards. Doesn't he realize I can obviously hear him from the speakers?

Camila was looking at me now, her eyebrow raised with curiosity plastered on her face. I blushed.

"Uh... S-so, we're going to practice first f-for you to get a taste of what the beat and rhythm of the song is like. Th-then we'll start recording afterwards." I awkwardly explained.

The brunette chuckled as she nodded her head in understanding.

Surprisingly, after giving it a few tries, both of us got the hang of it quickly. That's when Camila decided to speak

"So the song's called 'No Way?' It has this sense of deep meaning to it... I like it."

(A/N: Thanks to IryLovesFifthHarmony for suggesting "No Way." I was thinking about how its already considered a camren song so why not make it real in my story? lol ^.^)

"Yeah, this song is actually what I fought for to be on my album." I said getting the papers ready. "It's just basically about being in a relationship that from the outside to everyone it looks toxic and you know you shouldn't be together, but you wanna be together and you wanna make it work..."

"That was very well said." Camila still had her eyes on me and for the first time I felt like someone actually cared and understood me. She was willing to listen to what I have to say. It was a nice feeling.

"Sing with as much emotion as you possibly can and I'll do the same."

Camila came and give me a hug. "Anything for you."

That's when I knew something was definitely wrong. "Okay, what's going on?" I said breaking the embrace.

"What do you mean?"

"I felt a weird vibe or aura or whatever when you came in... What did my uncle tell you?" I asked.

"It was nothing." Camila tried waving it off.

"You know you guys should save this lovey dovey stuff for later..." My uncle suddenly butted in.

"Oh my god, Uncle Trevor stop!!" I quickly turned off the switch so he won't hear us anymore.

Getting back to Camila, I saw that she was holding in her laugh.

"Haha, very funny." I said monotonously.

"Sorry, it's just he said you suck at flirting..."

"I-I don't suck! I'm actually pretty decent at flirting... When I feel like it." I mumbled the last part.