Chapter 28: Bonds part 3

Start from the beginning

“….. Hi…” was his only answered, but the fact that it was delivered with strain and doubt didn’t escaped my attention.

I waited for a while, expecting that he will continue. And when I was sure that he won’t, I anime fell even though I was sitting in a log that I pushed in the ground earlier.

By leaning my weight on my left hand, I seated myself up from the ground. I pinched the bridge of my nose by my right hand and sighed in frustration.

‘Really!? Is that it? Is this how a two person who both have a problem in being sociable talk to each other!? And what happened to my bragging on how I was trained!?’

With an anime vein popping in my forehead, I waved my fist over my head and glared at the poor innocent dark sky.

‘Curse the person who discovered the word Communication!’ I mentally yelled.

When my little episode passed, I straightened myself in my seat and once again grab my glowing necklace before my face beamed up upon discovering that Sasuke still hasn’t cut the connection.

I suddenly and slightly jerked up, surprise at what I am thinking. ‘Why do I even feel a little happy about that?’ I then shook my head as to clear all unnecessary thoughts that were clouding my mind.

“Let’s just cut to the chase. I believe that Lady Tsunade had told you about me contacting you through the crystal” I stated as I hardened my voice a little, once again putting my facade that I have always been presenting with the others, trying not to reveal anything that is the real me, except that thing earlier with Lady Tsunade.

But that was only the part of my giddy self. That was just scratching the surface of my true self. There is still a part of me that was dark, disturbing, and even foul. The part of me that has been accumulating all of my dark thoughts and experience that will one day explode, and I will make sure that the receiving man will be HIM.

“We are not even beating around the bush. You just don’t know how to start a conversation”

Sasuke suddenly remarked, cutting my dark train of thoughts.

“W-What!?” I exclaimed through a whisper, clearly annoyed but still had my senses of holding myself back. “For your information Uchiha, it was also your fault with that short reply that you gave me! Do you think I could add more if I don’t have something to add!?”

I know that I sounded so childish, and I also know that I was being unreasonable, but I just couldn’t stand the fact that I was being loo down for my lack of words! It’s not even my idea to call this last Uchiha!

“You’re being unreasonable. I only answered what’s being thrown into me, and that being is your small vocabulary of greetings” he retorted.

I pressed my lips in thin line with my eyes narrowing venomously.

‘Look who’s talking!’ a rough growl vibrated from the base of my throat, sounding like Tora when he is angry and ready to tear his prey from limb to limb.

‘I should let Tora devour the Uchiha’s face’ I thought darkly. ‘But then again, I won’t see his expression if ever I’m going to torture the hell out of him’

“Watch what you’re thinking” the Uchiha spat through husky and perilous voice, irritation laced through his voice. “The crystal is giving me a malice energy coming from you”

A scoff is the only reply that he got from me, settling to stay silent while I tried to clear my mind. Then something clicked inside my head, and at the same time, in my chest, but only a little in that part though. I now realized that I am not nervous anymore. That I am conversing with him and the words that I thought disappeared are now popping in my mind naturally.