Chapter 107- Rivals Part 3

Start from the beginning

before laughing.

"You're lamer than I thought." he chuckles as I giggle.

"Oh come on, I'm not that bad." I smile looking out the window. "It's just kind of crazy to believe that's all."

"What is?"

"It's just funny to think about. A year ago I was in my room, listening to you and Michael-- and now...."

"You're knocking me off the charts?" he says raising an eyebrow. "I gotta problem with that too."

I smirk. "Sorry."

"I gotta watch out for your ass now." he smirks.

I giggle shaking my head, before looking out the window. "Can I ask you something?"

"You always are askin' something." he chuckles as I move my hair out my face.

"Why don't you and Michael get along?" I ask as he sucks in his cheeks lightly before smirking.

"Ask him." he says as I sigh out.

"So you're not gonna tell me?"

"Nope."

"That's unfair."

"So is life, and you not being mine." he says sarcastically, as I roll my eyes. We pull up to the Sunset Marquee and he parks in the back.

"Come on."

"Why?"

"Cause--"

"Cause...?"

"Just get outta the car." he says as he steps out closing the door.

"Bossy." I mumble under my breath before stepping out, as he opens the door for me. I slip on my sunglasses, as we run through the back door of the hotel not being seen.

We enter through the kitchen doors, and walk through the kitchen quickly before going down a hallway taking some stairs to his floor.

"God, how can you walk in those up these steps?" I mutter motioning to his heels as he stays smiles.

"It's good exercise." he answers simply before we get to his hotel suite.

As I enter his room, I take a mental picture of everything. How  neat he was, the artwork, even the smell of the air. Although this was a  hotel, Prince was living here: making it his home.

He showed me around and we walked down a short hallway that led to  the bedroom. I find myself staring at a painting that hung above the bed. The  detail was so small and faint that from a distance I could not make  sense of it. As I got closer I see that it wall all nude women  intertwined together.

"Don't get too close it might damage your eyes." he says giving a sly smile.

"That?" I say pointing to the painting. "It doesn't faze me--it's kind of beautiful in a way." I say as I continue staring at the painting.

"Well--I think I have something you'd like better." he chuckles as I face him raising an eyebrow. He gently takes my hand walking me towards his closet.

He opens the doors, and before me are dozens and dozens of outfits. I stare at the clothes being dazzled by the  colors, textures,bold prints, and designs. For every outfit, there was a  matching pair of boots.

I have to admit--his closet is bomb. It was like a fashion addicts dream come true. I continue to stare my mouth still slightly open.

I slowly walk in, my hands gently touching the fabrics of the clothes.

"Ya know, curiosity killed the cat."he says as I step in his closet  further and said, "Yeah, well the cat had nine lives.'

He laughs as my quick comeback, and bites his lip crossing his arms. "How about--I dress you in my clothes tonight?"

I look over at him, my eyes widening. "Really?"

He nods as he licks his bottom lip, going in his closet as he digs through pulling clothes out.

"But--I don't think I'm the same size as you.." I blush looking at my long legs, compared to his.

After all, he's only 5'4 and I'm 5'7.

"We'll make it work." he says simply going through clothes. I bite my lip looking through his shoes slipping on a pair of sparkly black booties, for fun.

Perfect fit.

"You know, when I was  little... Well, I'm still little..." he begins to say. Before he could finish, I begin to burst into laughter.

I thought it was cool for a few seconds anyway. Suddenly, I  stopped laughing because of this expression on his face. There was  immediate silence. He had this look on his face as to say" I can make  fun of myself but you cannot."

I swallow hard looking down. "Sorry..." I mutter.

"Try that on, daddy long legs." he smirks tossing me a blouse, as I take the pile of clothes he gave me going in the bathroom.

I walk in closing the door, behind me as he waits outside sitting on the bed.

"So you still didn't answer my question..." I hear him say, as I strip out of my clothing.

"Which was?"

"Do you love Michael?"

"What's it to you?" I say unzipping my pants.

"I need to know."

"Why?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

"Cause." he answers cockily, crossing his arms laying back in bed. "I've  seen how people can be towards him."

I stay silent listening;

"Even though him and I got our differences-- someday I think he's gonna break, with the snakes he's got in his corner."

"So you think--"

"No. I just know what it's like. Only Mike is more nicer to people than I am." he says. "And I just don't want to lose a rival over a girl."

I smile lightly, knowing Prince actually cared about Michael in a way. His ego just wouldn't let him admit it.

I come out, looking up at him.

"I wouldn't." I say softly. "I just can't yet--"

"Why?"

"Because he hurt me-- and I don't know."

"Do you love him?"

I stay silent, before nodding softly.

"So you're gonna punish him for the rest of his life over him hurting you?" he says as I shake my head looking down.

"I'm scared too."

"And why is that?"

"Because what if he'll hurt me again?"

"And..?" he says. "It's his loss. Not yours. And if he screws up, you know I'm here." he smirks as I roll my eyes.

"Every time it's about to slip out-- I stop."

"Well let it. And don't take it back."

I smile looking down, before looking up at him. "Question.."

He raises his eyebrows listening.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I ask curiously as he sits back smirking in the pillows.

"I have many."

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Happy Birthday, Prince. 🤍

Vote/Comment

xoxo,

moonwalkergal