Hidden From Their Eyes.

"My parents were always homophobic, so I never wanted to come out to anybody until I moved far away. Now that I'm far gone, here I am with the love of my life. The entire Oliver being your mate thing was just a scam to get another vamp to join their group, this only makes them more powerful since the witches have been a threat lately. Many of the vamps managed to escape from us and there is still a possibility that they can find a witch to bring their kings back to life as silly as it sounds." Sam explained as we sat at the dining table. 

"This all seems like one big fairytale." I sighed. 

Sam chuckled and looked over at the clock, it was pretty early in the morning. She sighed and looked back over at me. 

"I better get some rest, we have a big day tomorrow." She smiled.

I laughed and raised an eyebrow, "What's that supposed to mean?" 

Sam leaned in close and whispered into my ear, "It's a surprise." 

Sam then walked upstairs, leaving me to my thoughts. I wasn't really that tired, so I sat and tried to think of things I could do without waking the others. I figured I'd just watch a movie, I got onto Netflix and searched up good horror movies. I searched until my eyes landed on Queen of the Damned, I clicked pray and probably made it through ten minutes before I heard a sly knock at the front door. The knock was barely audible, I got a bad feeling that created knots in my stomach, I was terrified because I knew this could be no good. Everyone in the pack is here, so who else would wish to visit so early in the morning? I slowly got up a cautiously made my way to the front door, preparing myself for a fight. I grabbed a knife from the kitchen and quietly unlocked the door. I took a deep breath before I quickly opened the front door, crouching and prepared to pounce on the monster like a puma after prey. 

Nothing. 

A look of confusion spread across my face before I shut the door and locked it behind me. I turned around to get back to my movie until I became face to face to an intruder. 

"Hello, Newbie." The woman smirked as she stood in front of me tall and powerful, her arms crossed with a playful look in her eyes. 

I quickly took the knife and drew it across her neck without the slightest bit of hesitation, I wasn't taking chances. I wasn't up for chit chat, I just wanted the madness to be over already and if murder was the only way to do it then that's exactly what I'll do. 

The woman's eyes widened and she began to turn pale and colorless. She choked out blood and spat all over my face, I felt the warm gooey liquid soak my face and that's when I saw that the blood was oddly dark. It was more of a dark purple, almost black. As I slowly looked at her pained features, I realized who she was. It was Pren. The witch I met in the woods during my training when I was living with the vampires, she was the one that kept my visit a secret so the other witches wouldn't punish me for being in their territory. 

And I just sliced her neck open. 

My eyes widened in horror as I could hear her pulse fading into nothing, her eyes clouded and began to grow distant. I couldn't let her die, she didn't deserve this! I'm such a monster, I didn't even check to see who it was before I took action, how could I be so heartless. What could I do? What was the solution to keep her alive and stop her from dying because of me! Then it hit me, Felix was telling me about it during training, I had to feed her my blood. Of course that would turn her hybrid but it's not like the witches could tell, I won't turn her into a full vampire and I'd be doing her and the others a favor. I brought my wrist to my lips and bit into my skin, it was painful but I had to save Pren. I groaned at the pain and bitter taste before holding my bleeding wrist to Pren's lips forcing her to drink. This way, when she passes she will wake up as a hybrid. The process is longer with hybrids, so she should be awake within the next twenty four hours, I hope that the head witches don't figure out what I've done. I'd be a goner. 

I didn't even think about what the wolves would think, they'd probably kick me out in a heartbeat. I groaned in annoyance, why must I be so stupid? I knew it was going to be difficult to hide her for the next day but it was worth a shot. I began to drag her body to the cellar and laid her down on the mattress, yeah it was dusty and gross but what did she want from me? She had a hatred for vampires and her I am transforming her into the one thing she can't stand. 

"Idiot." I mumbled. 

I began to hear footsteps above me, I ran at the speed of light to the couch and acted as natural as I possibly could. I was nervous as all hell and if I had a heartbeat, it would be racing and pounding like a drum. I couldn't bare to anger the pack, it's only been a night and I'm already a pain. 

"Becca? I heard noises and came down to see if you were alright." Ricky told me. 

Ricky was a pack member, he was the youngest of us all and also the most innocent. You couldn't help but adore him. He was only thirteen and he has always had the cutest eyes and brightest smile. I smiled over at him and nodded. 

"Yes, sweetheart, I was just heading to bed." I giggled.

Ricky smiled and nodded before heading back upstairs. I slouched down into the couch cushions and sighed deeply, this was going to be a death sentence if I am caught.