My Tragedy

Once upon a time I had straight A's. I had so many great things coming into my future. I was a freshman in college at a fantastic musical arts school in New York, majoring in the music Industry. I haven't seen my family in my hometown, Atlanta Georgia, in what felt like decades. Luckily, Christmas is just around the corner and that means I get to fly down to see them once again! Damn, I miss Mother's home cooked meals and am officially sick of pizza. We have pizza almost every other night and I swear it's to the point to where I can't even keep it down anymore.

Anyway, as of now I'm packing for my trip and so is my roommate, Samantha, Sam for short. She was trying to get her bright cherry red suite case to shut by doing the old trick, sitting on it. I turned and watched her, laughing at her frustration. She stood and looked me in the eyes, her bright green eyes glaring into my soul for daring to mock her.

"If you think it's so hilarious, Rebecca, then you try it." Sam laughed, stepping aside for me to shut her suitcase.

I laughed and walked towards the bright case looking as if it could explode from being so overpacked. I simply ran and sat down onto her suitcase and quickly snapped the latch before my weight could make the suitcase rise up again. I looked up at Sam with an 'I win' look in my bright blue eyes.

Sam shrugged "Oh hush, Becca."

I laughed once again before returning to my bags. From the looks of it, I had everything all packed and ready to go. A smile appeared onto my face, I cannot wait to get back home. I sighed and turned back to Sam, who was now on her phone scrolling through Tumblr. I smiled, I'm gonna miss her. Sam was always my Bestfriend since I was little, I've always envied her beauty. She had a grunge look to her, her pixie cut matched well with her ginger hair. She had freckles that littered her pale skin, and eyes as green as the summer trees. Today, she wore a cute Nirvana tee, with a plaid black and red oversized flannel. Matching it with light denim shorts and ripped up panty hoes underneath. She always had a unique style, along with her unique personality.

"Damn, Becca. You wanna take picture so it lasts longer?" Sam smirked like the punk she is.

I rolled my eyes "Yeah, let me get the camera." Note the sarcasm.

We both giggled and then heard a knock at our door. I stood and opened the door to see that it was our good friend Derek.

"Hey! What's up?" I asked cheerily.

"Hey I was just seeing if you two needed help packing for the trip?" Derek asked.

I smiled "We actually just got finished. Why?"

Derek smiled cheekily "Well, there's a big goodbye party tonight at the football fields, so how's about you two come with me?" He asked.

I was about to answer his question before Sam interrupted by sticking her head out between me and the doorway.

"We'll be there!" She beamed excitingly.

Derek chuckled "Alright, I'll see you then. Bye girls." He said as he walked to the elevator.

I shut the door and turned to Sam, who was standing there innocently.

"I cannot believe you just did that!" I laughed, shoving her shoulder a bit.

"Oh come on, Becca! He totally has a thing for you and you feel the same way! Why the hell not go to a party to say goodbye to this place? Especially when you'll be with Derek the whole night!" Sam explained.

I thought about it, she had a good point. I thought for a good minute while Sam stood and waited for my response. I was thinking of a good excuse on not to go but I couldn't really think of a good one that would convince her. I finally gave up and sighed.

"Fine, I'll go to the party." I told her bluntly.

Sam squealed "Eek! I'm so excited!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the bathroom "C'mon lets get ready!"

I sighed, this is gonna be one hell of a night.