Darling.

Sam broke our lips apart and I felt my entire body sadden without her touch. The sparks and the burst of feelings I was so oblivious of, it was shocking and almost painful. How have I not known about this? I have known Sam for forever and I always figured she was straight! Yes, I'm a bisexual but she told me she is far from a gay individual! She has a lot of explaining to do. 

"You two ready?" asked a fellow wolf. 

Sam nodded and we both began to walk towards the woods. As we were walking, Sam took hold of my hand and intertwined our fingers. 

"I'll explain everything when we get home." She whispered. 

I smiled. Home. I liked the sound of that. I knew then and there that I would be safe once again, in the arms of my mate, as hard as it is to believe. I never thought it would be Sam and I, I never knew vampires and werewolves could even be mates! But Sam did say it could be anybody. I guess she was sending off hints that I never picked up on, I must of been a pain. 

Sam looked over at me, a smirk across a face, "You ready to run?" She asked. 

I smiled and looked ahead of me as the wolves around me, including Sam, transformed into wolf form one by one. 

"Always am." I grinned. 

Sam responded with a single howl that sent shivers down my spine. All the wolves took off and I followed going full speed, the wolves may of been fast but I was faster. I laughed as I darted passed them and it soon turned into a race to who could get home first. But they had the advantage since they were the ones who actually knew where home was. I couldn't even count the number of times I missed a turn or went the wrong direction. I could tell the wolves were mentally being the biggest jokers you'd ever believe. 

We had been running for what felt like hours, it was actually quite fun. That's one of the many things I love about being immortal, you never get tired. I could literally do this for eternity and never get tired. Of course I would have to eat and take bathroom breaks though, but other than that, I could just run and run and run. But I soon could tell that we were getting close since the scent of wet dog and cinnamon rolls hit my senses. Why cinnamon rolls? Because that is Sam's favorite food, I remember around her time of the month I would always bring her one for breakfast. She was always one for sweets. I smiled at the memories, I love this girl. 

I was torn from my thoughts when I saw a absolutely huge and stunning cabin ahead of us and the wolves began turning back into human form. I smiled at myself when I realized that this would now be my new home, such a beautiful place it was which is ironic since a bunch of wolves live here. You'd expect wolves to be far from the neat type. 

"Actually," Sam said as she approached me, "We are very neat people, wolf or not." She chuckled. 

I flushed, "Sorry." I laughed. 

Sam pecked my cheek, making me flush even more, "Come, darling, I'll give you a tour." She smiled as she lead me to my new home.