Mate.

We stood over each member of the twisted family. The other wolves went off to check the perimeter. It wasn't an easy fight, but it was worth it. We had killed off the Veils, the most powerful of them all. It didn't even seem real, it felt as if this was all a dream and maybe it was. You never know anymore. I sighed as I stared at Felix's broken and bloodied corpse, such a shame he had to be involved with this deranged family.

Sam approached me, "I kept my promise." She whispered, taking hold of my hand.

I smiled, "You certainly did."

"I missed you so much, Becca." She told me.

I nodded, "I missed you too."

Sam then whispered something under her breath but I couldn't understand it, I shrugged it off thinking it wasn't that important.

"Sam?" I asked.

"Yes?" She answered.

"You told me that Oli was my mate. If he was my mate then why don't I love him and why was I able to kill him?" I questioned.

Sam sighed, "Well, there must of been a mistake. You weren't his mate after all. I over heard a bunch of guards by my cell talking about how you were never his mate and they were using you so you could be more power for the family since they knew the wolves were after them. They needed all the power they could get. They planned on finding more but after what we've done," she paused to admire our work, "they no longer have that power." She smirked.

I nodded, feeling my heart sink, "Do I even have a mate?" I asked cautiously.

Sam nodded, "Yeah. Trust me you do." She giggled.

I raised an eyebrow, "What's that supposed to-"

I was cut off by the unexpected. By the most shockingly soft touch I could ever imagine. By the most beautiful pair of lips that tasted sweet like cotton candy. Sam had kissed me. Right there, in the middle of the mansion now filled with powerless corpses instead of powerful vampires. She moved her lips with mine and I couldn't help but fall into the passionate kiss that I could tell Sam had longed for. I cupped her face and closed my eyes pushing myself against her. The feelings I have for her came coursing through my veins like a wake up call. The sparks that bursted through my core and the butterflies in my stomach told me exactly what I wanted to hear. Sam was my mate.