Push dont pull.

I ate slowly as the members of the mansion talked to Oli and I. I looked over at Felix, he was sitting on the far side of the table across from Oli. He was watching Oli's every move, Felix has always been trying to keep me away from him, what is there to hide? I feel as if something odd is going on around me and I don't know or realize what it is. I fear that deep down there's a brotherly secret floating in the intense atmosphere, but I wasn't sure. Felix noticed me starring at him in deep though, he smiled at me, trying to soothe my worries but it wasn't working. I raised an eyebrow at him, giving him the 'We need to talk' look. He only nodded before turning to talk to who I now know as Alice.

Alice seemed friendly, she had somewhat of a pixie cut, and her kind hazel eyes made her not seem like much of a threat. Though nobody here seemed like a threat, each individual was kind and made me feel welcomed. All except the two here I've known longest, Felix and Oli. The powerful men that created this family, the men that are practically kings. I didn't understand. I was torn from my deep thoughts when Oli cleared his throat and I looked around me to find that everyone was looking at me.

"Yes?" I asked Oli, giving him a kind smile.

Oli huffed jokingly, "Is there something you'd like to add?"

I thought for a moment before shaking my head no, I wasn't even sure what they were talking about. Oli nodded and everyone on our side of the table began speaking. Oli leaned in close and I felt his hot breath on my left ear.

"Pay more attention, try not to make such a fool out of yourself." He sternly whispered.

I pushed him away and stood up from my chair, what the hell? He was fine just a second ago! I shook my head at him in disgust before walking out of the house and into the garden. The beauty of this place was definitely something that had a way of cheering me up. I've always been a nature lover, I always remembered enjoying the outdoors and despised sitting at home all day. I smiled as my eyes laid upon a bench surrounded by flowers and roses, I walked towards it and took a seat.

This garden reminded me so much of the old park Sam and I would always go to back in our fetus days. There were dozen upon dozens of flowers and trees surrounding the red swing set and big green slide. We always played there and wouldn't even come home until sundown. The memories hit me like a ton of bricks, her laugh when I'd push her on the swings, the sounds of hard footsteps when we'd play tag, the chirping of the birds. It only made me miss Sam more.

I again was torn from my thoughts when I heard footsteps approaching me, I looked up to see it was Felix. I began to stand from my seat and walk to the woods, he followed. I wanted to lead him someplace more private, I needed to know the details with Oliver, I knew something was up. We walked and walked for what felt like hours, all that was heard was our footsteps, our breathing, and the sound of nature. We finally ended up in a clearing in the woods, that's when I stopped and turned to face Felix, who was only inches from me.

"I want to know what's going on." I told, almost demanding him. 

"You already know what you need to know." He mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

"Felix," I warned, he looked at me, "I want to know the truth behind Oliver."

Felix exhaled the cool air before nodding, "I'd sit down if I were you, this is going to take a while."

I nodded before he and I had a seat on the fresh soil, he ran his fingers through his hair and looked up at the night sky above us before he began to reveal his brother.

"Oliver, is not who people believe he is. He wears this façade of a good man, a good leader, but he is really just a mutt. Oliver used to be a good man, back in the day, 1838. When this whole family of ours began, our father ran down his spirit and confidence like an hourglass. And just like each hourglass, it's just a matter of time, before time runs out. He changed, he was hurting innocent people, tearing apart the town, disobeying all orders, he was a mess. He began to hurt women, abuse them, use them, and disrespect them. He showed no emotion, it was like he was drained. He eventually ran off and knocked up some hippie chick, they had a son and Oliver didn't bother to stick around. Soon, the boy's mother died during labor and the boy needed his father. Now, the boy lives with our cousin, Nick. And visits every now and then but will soon he moving in since we made a deal that after Oliver found his mate he would take the child. The poor boy doesn't know a thing, he thinks Nick just loves to have him around and daddy is this great guy. Oliver is still the monster he has always been, and he is afraid to fall for you, so he will do anything to prevent it. He just wants you for an object, a distraction from his issues. I won't let him do to you what he's done to his past relationships, therefore I'll have my eye on you. But I need you to change him back into who he really is," Felix wiped a tear with his sleeve, the first time I've ever seen him emotional, "Becca, bring my brother back."