RedRum

Piercing screams and shouts of agony awoke me at three in the morning. I couldn't process what was happening until I heard Amelia running towards my bedroom to get me away from the danger that must of been occurring. The doors flew open and Amelia looked at me, I nearly screamed when I saw the strangely dark blood dripping down her face, I knew it wasn't hers thought because there was no wound. I shot out of my bed and ran to my bedroom doors and slammed them closed before turning and looking over to her with worry in my tired eyes.

"Amelia what the hell is going on?" I questioned

Amelia pointed to the window and I quickly opened it to see that  there was nothing there, I gave her a questioning look and she nodded, giving me the signal to jump. I pushed out of the window and jumped down effortlessly and Amelia did the same. I turned to her expecting an answer to my previous question, but Amelia just shook her head.

"No time. Follow me and do not stop, hesitate, or slow down." She ordered sternly.

I nodded and she immediately began to run at full speed I tried to catch up but I was far slower than she was, I wasn't a complete vampire yet. Amelia stopped and jogged back over to me.

"Get on my back, I'll carry you and we'll get to safety." She told me.

Before doing as I was told I raised an eyebrow, "I want an answer."

Amelia stood straight and you could feel the power and anger radiating off of her, "Wolves."

My eyes widened, they're here for Sam! Her pack must off figured out where she was and that's why she guaranteed to me that she'd make it out and get to safety. It all hit me and that's when I realized that I couldn't leave the mansion. The wolves only came into the mansion because Sam ordered them to find me and get her and I to safety! We weren't that far from the mansion, only about half a mile. I didn't want to stick around here, it may of been nice here, and I may of been accepted but I did not want to stay here for the rest of my life. I didn't care who my mate was, my mate was an ass and I saw nothing in him, these people have the wrong girl and I want nothing to do with him or these people. I just want to go back to Sam and live life the way I deserve to live. Being stuck in this mansion with these strangers was the last thing I wanted. My training was done, all I need is to leave and complete my transformation.

Amelia waved a hand in front of my eyes, "Hello! We need to move now!" She shouted at me.

I just stared at her. I liked Amelia, she was kind and accepting. But I didn't truly know her, and I didn't know any of them. They were nice but if was only a facade. I didn't want to be trapped here any longer, I wanted to be free. I got an idea and looked at Amelia innocently.

"I need to be able to run with you, if you carry me it will only slow us down and the wolves are fast. Where is the closest human attraction?" I asked her.

I knew what I was doing, my plans were to become a newborn. I was told by Felix during a training session that those that have been a vampire for less than one hundred years are stronger than those that are older. If I were to turn I could defeat each and every vampire that stood in my way of freedom. Amelia sighed and she shifted her eyes toward the mansion, I could tell she was speaking to someone. In an instant Paul, Amelia's best friend since her transformation, was beside me.

"Hurry, it's getting messy in there and we need help. I'll keep an eye on her and keep her protected." He told Amelia before she ran to find somebody.

I have to admit that I was nervous to drink the blood of an actual human. I didn't have intentions on hurting anyone but what could I do? I had to get to safety and help the wolves against the vampires. Ironic how I consider the wolves, a vamps worst enemy, family more than my own 'pack' as you would call it. I didn't speak, I only stood there and watched the windows of the mansion. The curtains were white and lights cast shadows of the vampires and wolves in battle. I looked up at my room only to see that no light was on. I wanted to keep watching just in case someone did turn on the light or not, I needed to know if they would find my room before I was at the mansion ready to be saved.

The damned vampires hid my scent so it only made it more difficult for the wolves to track me. But I knew in time they would find me, or I would just have to find my own way out of this situation. Maybe I could go back to old life, no, I was too far gone to turn back. I was too late. I heard footsteps and felt a dash of wind and turned to see that Amelia was bloody and she held a Sonic cup full of the desired liquid. I was half vamp meaning I could both smell and crave blood, but since this was human, I only wanted it more. I knew it was best for a vamp to hunt their first sip but I had no time and I was far too desperate. I took the cup and inhaled the scent, I knew this would be the best feeling but I also knew the transformation would take at least an hour. I was worried the wolves would give up by then, but it was worth a shot. I turned to the mansion, closed my eyes, and held the straw to my lips.

"I'm sorry." I whispered just before I took the first sip.

Once I swallowed the blood and felt the warmth of it tickle my throat, my vision blurred. My heart began to beat rapidly and I could feel every bit of my body feel more and more alive. But Amelia turned me to face her and smiled.

"Remember the most fun part of transformation, I must kill you." She informed me.

I nodded and chugged the rest of the cup. Each drink made me more and more thirsty and I felt myself slipping from mortality. I threw the cup to the ground and awaited for Amelia to do the job. My full appearance and immortality change would take place when I was asleep.

"Welcome to the community." she smiled before twisting my body around causing me to break my neck and spine.

I fell to the ground and felt my body grow numb. Each and every positive memory that ever took place in my life flashed through my head, as seconds went by the color of the memories faded into nothing but white flashes. I suddenly could hear my heart beat thump slowly getting less and less frequent. Until eventually all I saw was a blinding white light, and a no longer beating heart.