Dilemma

I couldn't take the stench, it was nauseating. I thought that I would die from the toxic smell it was so bad, but I had to stay hidden. I'd rather die of toxic scent other than die from another immortal. It was so silent here, all you could hear was the sound of flies buzzing around garbage. I'd hate to be a fly. Everything was somewhat peaceful until I heard the deadly screams of a dear friend-no-sister of mine. 

I froze when I heard Sam's blood curdling scream break the silence like a bullet hitting flesh and bone, I quickly got out from under the car and was reluctant to ran after her. I fell to my knees and began to cry, she can't be dead. There's no way those fools could of hurt my Sam! Not her, she's all I have left. Without her I'm nothing! It's bad enough that my mother is dead, but not my dear Samantha! I couldn't bare to face a life without her. Thoughts of my mother soon came rushing back into my mind, only making the pain worse and the tears multiply. I didn't want to be this weak in a situation like this, but I couldn't help my feelings. The way I felt was so stupid, I was more than likely the weakest and biggest joke of a vampire to walk this world. I cried and soon sobbed loudly, not even caring if the men heard me and went after me. They could kill me for all I care, I refuse to live a life of eternity without both my mother and Sam by my side. 

Before I could register what was happening, my sight went black when a old cloth covered my sight. I whimpered when I was jerked to my feet by my hair and my arms were forced behind my back. I sobbed even more, the tears soaking the cloth and my sobs of fear and sadness breaking the silence of the once peaceful night. I tried to calm myself down, to stop from looking any weaker to my attacker. I controlled my sobs and held in my burning tears, managing to ask one agonizing question that was burning in my mind. 

"Who are you?" I croaked, sounding weak. 

The man chuckled, "Your mate."

My eyes widened, it was Oli. No! Not him, of all people it cannot be him! He wants me most, I'm his mate for God's sake! Scary thoughts and images soaked my mind of what he could and might do to me, it was enough to make me cry once more. 

"God, you're such a sensitive little one. I didn't think you'd be so heartbroken by all of this." The bastard laughed. 

I immediately stopped the tears and felt my blood get hot, big mistake. I quickly and fiercely spun around and ripped the cloth off. I tackled him to the ground and began to strangle him, I could feel the anger take over me, I will not stand for such disrespect! Oli's eyes grew large and I watched as they clouded with fear, a murderous grin plastered across my face. 

"You mean to tell me that after YOU kill my best friend just months after my mother DIED, I wouldn't be heartbroken?" I screamed with intensity in my voice. 

Oli began to speak, but I stopped him by doing the good old trick, I broke his neck. This only knocks them out for a good few hours, giving me plenty of time to escape. I grabbed his body and tossed it into the piles of garbage, laughing at what the look on his face will be when he wakes up. 

"Becca!" I heard a voice shout from behind me.

I froze, no, it can't be.

Indeed it was, I turned around to become face to face with my best friend, "Samantha! You're okay!" I beamed.

I ran up to her and hugged her tightly, never wanting to let go. 

Sam laughed, "Of course I'm okay, why wouldn't I be?" She asked. 

I pulled away to look into her light green eyes, "Well, I heard you scream..." I trailed off. 

Sam began to laugh, "Yeah, only because Felix pulled my hair." 

I widened my eyes, she is one badass chick! 

"I am so happy you're alright! But why are you bleeding?" I asked, examining her bloody body.

Sam sighed, "The shit you deal with during transformation. Don't worry though, I'm alright." She smiled reassuringly.

Sam looked over at the passed out vamp I took care of, "Well, well, well, looks like you took out the trash." She laughed. 

I nodded sheepishly, "Yeah, I guess so." 

She chuckled, "I knew you had it in you. Soon enough your confidence will bloom, I promise. Then you'll be one bad vamp." She smiled. 

I sighed in relief, looks like what I've been going through is normal, thank goodness. 

I looked up at Sam, "What about the others?" I asked. 

Sam gave me a look of evil that kinda scared me a bit, "Oh, them? They're handled. Felix and the other guy left when I killed the red head. They'll be back, and we'll be ready to take them." She stated confidently. 

I laughed, "Good, now let's get a new car and away from this place." 

Sam smiled, "Probably a good idea." She laughed before walking off with me by her side.

We walked for what seemed like forever, we made it to a dealership around sunrise and waited around until it opened. We were both still shocked about what had happened that night, but we still carried on joking around and having fun as if it was like another one of our sleepovers. I miss those times, when it was so much more simpler. But I know we'll get there, we'll be okay again. At peace again. Free again.