Night On The Field

I took a look at myself in the mirror by the door, I looked perfect. I wanted this night to be special since tomorrow morning I'm flying off to see my family. I wore a black dress that went down to my mid-thigh, and the sleeves were long and had black lase. I had black combat boots on, obviously I wasn't going to show up in heels since we'd be on the football field. I had my hair nicely brushed out and in it's natural look, along with black rose earrings and a silver necklace with a moon charm. My makeup, of course, needed to be perfect so I took my time on it and got the exact look I wanted. I looked away from the mirror and walked over to the bathroom door.

"Sam. Are you almost done in there? We need to get going or we'll be late." I knocked.

There was a moment of silence before Sam finally opened the door "Of course, Becca. Wouldn't want to keep Derek waiting." She giggled.

I rolled my eyes and looked at her maroon dress that was a bit too short for my taste. She did look nice, though. We grabbed our bags and headed out to the elevator that would lead to the lobby where we could check out. Sam was wearing a grin on her face the whole way there, I knew why she had this goofy look on her face. It was because she was eager to watch Derek and I, though I was a bit nervous and she knew so. I sighed as we both walked out the lobby doors and began walking down the pathway that lead to the fields.

I glanced over at Sam and laughed "Could you wipe that grin off your face and act like a normal person for once?"

Sam began laughing at mid-sentence "No ma'm, I am going to enjoy this. I can tell you're nervous as hell to see him."

I sighed "Why must you mock my anxiety towards Derek?" I asked.

Sam chuckled "It will only last for a finite amount of time, I know once you see him you'll be ready to mingle."

I raised an eyebrow, what she said could have ambiguous meanings. Surely she must be right, I'm a confident person when I'm around people, unless there's someone with an uneasy aura or demeanor. I looked up at the lights that were slowly lighting our way, only to see that we were at the fields. Sam squealed and we ran down there, immediately finding Derek, Amy, and Kyle waiting for us. Derek smiled and handed me a red plastic cup full of lemonade. No, there was no alcohol.

"You look hot." Derek stated, slightly raising his voice to be heard over the loud music.

I giggled "Thank you, you're not too bad yourself."

Derek gave a confused look "What? I couldn't hear you."

I was about to repeat myself before Amy interrupted "Are you two seriously having conversation by a bunch of beaming speakers? C'mon and dance!"

We both shrugged and went off with the others to dance. We danced around for a good amount of time, enjoying ourselves and breaking our voices as we sang at the top of our lungs to the music that blared through the large amps. The DJ, Trenton, waved at us and shouted us out through the mic, stating that we're the biggest partiers at the party. We cheered and continued dancing. I spun around a few times and got dizzy, Kyle laughed at me and began spinning as well. We both almost got sick so we agreed to stop and continue dancing to the music. Amy was working her stuff over there since she was an amazing dancer and has been taking classes since she was four, we cheered her on and watched her from afar.

After a while I soon felt the uneasy feeling that someone was watching me, but I shook it off and was passive towards the feeling. But after minutes the feeling only grew stronger, I could even point out where it was coming from. I turned and looked up at the bleachers to see that there was in fact a guy staring right at me. He had raven black hair and tan skin, wearing dark clothing and was in the corner with nobody near him. He looked very suspicious and honestly, a bit scary. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, giving him the hint to stop. He did a little side smile before I turned back around to dance with my friends. We danced more for about an hour but then I got the same feeling, what the hell did this guy want? I turned to the bleachers but he wasn't there anymore, I heard a whistle and looked to where the source was, he was standing by the DJ, smiling at me. I growled and looked at Derek.

"I'll be right back." I told him before walking off to the boy.

As I began getting closer to him, he walked over to were it wasn't so loud, I followed. He turned to me and I gave him a confused look.

"What the hell, man? Why are you staring at me?" I asked irritably.

He chuckled "I don't exactly have anything better to do, so I chose you to be my source of entertainment."

I gave a disgusted look "Well, could you knock it off? It's freaky."

He chuckled "Touché, how about you continue with your business, Becca."

I froze, my blood ran cold. How did he know my name?

"How the hell do you know my name? What are you stalking me?!" I questioned angrily.

"No, I'm not. I know my way around, plus I hear about you quite a bit. Your name is heard all around campus so it's kinda hard not to recognize you." He explained, he seemed offended from my reaction though.

"Oh." I said "Well, just go hang out with your buddies and keep your eyes off me." I told him and began walking off.

I approached my friends once again and we continued through our night without anymore interruptions, Though Sam did ask me what happened with that guy and I told her I would explain once we got back to the dorm. She nodded and the night continued from there. Shockingly, it was time to go and was already one in the morning. Derek walked me and Sam to our dorm and we soon arrived to the lobby doors.

"I'll see you upstairs." Sam smiled before walking into the lobby.

Derek turned to me and smirked "I had fun with you." He said, caressing my cheek.

I smiled "I had fun with you, too. You're a great dancer." I laughed.

Derek chuckled "I learn from the best."

We both laughed before Derek looked into my eyes, god, his eyes were gorgeous. He began to slowly lean in, I felt his got breath on my lips before he finally met his lips with mine. It was a sweet kiss, with passion and kindness, a goodnight kiss. It was perfect. We pulled away and he leaned his forehead on mine smiling just as much as I was.

"Goodnight." He whispered.

"Goodnight." I smiled.

He pulled back from our embrace and began walking to the guy's dorms. I watched him disappear into the darkness before I ran into the lobby, smiling like a total idiot. I hurried up to my room to speak with Sam about both Derek and that odd guy who was staring at me at the party. I opened the door and shut it behind me. I looked at Sam and squealed with happiness, Sam did the same.

"How was it?!" She asked eagerly.

"Perfect! It was so sweet and gentle, I've never had a kiss like that." I beamed.

"I ship it! Reberek!" Sam giggled.

We laughed and then Sam spoke again "Oh yeah what about that one dude that was staring at you?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes "He said it was because he had nothing better to do and I was his" I paused and put up quote hand signals "entertainment."

Sam gave a disgusted look "Ew! What the hell is with this guy?"

"That's not even the weirdest part! He even knew my name!" I shouted.

Sam's eyes widened and her eyebrows furrowed in shock "Are you joking? What a creep!"

"Right?! Apparently he's heard my name before and he" I put up more hand quote signals "knows his way around."

Sam laughed "What a weirdo. Anyways, I'm going to get to bed."

"Yeah, me too." I laughed.

"Goodnight, Becca." She said as she turned out her light.

"Goodnight, Sam." I smiled before doing my nightly routine, I've got a long flight tomorrow.