Chapter 107 - Rivals part 2

Start from the beginning

"Does he know I had his poster in my room, before all of this?" I think to myself. 

"Hi." he says softly smirking.

Michael's POV

Michael's POV

"I can't believe you let her do it." Greg says writing notes on his song sheets as I shrug.

"I had too." I mumble dancing in front of the mirror. "I'm not exactly happy with it--but it's something I needed to do."

"I don't understand--" Ricky says furrowing his eyebrows looking up at me. "You and Prince have alot of tension....

"That's the point. I'm trying not to let my 'issues' get in the way of us being together. And you know-Tatiana is not only talented, but she's gorgeous. Prince is looking at all of that, especially her looks. And Prince does that with women. " I swallow hard trying to find the right words. "And I am not going to stop her from taking opportunities because I'm going to get jealous of men admiring her so--"

"By letting Tatiana perform with Prince, you're trying to prove that you trust her." Sheryl finishes as I nod.

"It's driving me crazy though." I mutter. "I trust her. And it is good for her career-- but Prince." I close my eyes. "He can be a handful."

"You tell me.." Sheryl says. "That man is so-- mmm."

Greg looks up at her disgusted as she looks over at him.

"What? He is."

I run a hand over my face, before I break into a dance trying to distract myself.

It wasn't that I didn't trust Tati, it was Prince I didn't trust; because of our encounters in the past.

I knew Tatiana could easily handle herself, and I couldn't always be there. And I knew in the past that I was overly jealous-- with Paul for example.

But at the same time this was a way I could prove that I wasn't a mistake, and it was one step closer on her saying those three little words again. And in the end it would all be worth it.

Just to think I was depending on Prince to determine the fate of my relationship.

"Mike, relax. Tatiana ain't gonna end up falling for no midget." Greg nods encouragingly . "She loves you."

I smile half halfheartedly before turning away.

I trust Tatiana.

I learned my lesson in the past.

I can get through this.

"God, please let me not screw this up." I think to myself.