An Ex Returns

Miranda's pov

I called Melanie to see how Jason was doing. ""He's doing better but they still say Jason's gotta stay in the hospital." "I've got Keely and Kendyl with me. They're asking to talk to him. Can he talk?"

Jason's pov

My eyes go wide. I shake my head quickly. "Why?" She mouths. "I don't.... Ugh after ya get off the phone." I whisper. She sighs. "He's taking a nap. Call ya later, girl?" "Ok. Bye Mel." "What's wrong?" I sigh. "I don't like being in the stupid hospital and I knew they'd ask a bunch of questions that I didn't know the answer to." There's a knock at the door. Luke walks in. I can't stay mad at him. He didn't mean for this to happen. It was just a prank that got out of hand. "Hey man, you okay?" "Seen better days buddy." "I am so sorry about all this." "It's cool man. I get it. But where's my damn hat?" He laughs and pulls it out from behind his back, a smile on his face. I quickly snatch it back and put it on. "The cowboy is back in town." I say, smiling. We all laugh. "What? I can't be a cowboy without two things. My hat and my cowboy lady. Get over here baby."

Miranda's pov

Luke gets home while I finish making dinner for the girls. "How's Jason?" I ask worried. "He's gonna be fine." He says smiling. "Girls eat up. You've got school tomorrow." Luke walks over. "How are you doing?" "Fine. You know I've got the weird craving for cashews but I hate cashews." I say, holding his hands. He smiles and kisses me.

*the next morning*

The alarm goes off. I get up and make breakfast for the girls. My phone rings. Ugh who's calling me this early? Jason! "Hey bro what's up?" The girls tiredly come downstairs. "Hey just callin' to make sure you're up." "Yeah serving the girls breakfast as we speak." "Thanks sis." "No problem." I get Keely loaded up and Luke takes Kendyl in a couple hours.

*a few hours later*

We both get back home. I smile and run into his arms. "Luke, we're gonna make the best parents." I gasp. He smiles. "I can't wait." He says, kissing me and rubbing my stomach, we start making out, his hand slipping lower. He backs me up onto the couch, my hands running through his hair. The door opens. I quickly look up. Jeez! "Hey ya got out of the hospital." "Yeah." He mumbles, looking away. "Just up pickin' up the girls' stuff for when they get home."

Luke's pov

I help Jason pack up the girls' stuff. "Jeez, Luke you've already knocked her up, what more do ya want?! Twins??" He snaps. I roll my eyes. "Ya better not have dome anything while Keely and Kendyl were here!" "Of course not, Jason I'm not an animal." He sighs. "Sorry man, I'm just super stressed about everything that happened." "It's alright man. How's your chest doing?" "I'm fine now." I hear the door open and Keely talking to Miranda. Me and Jason lock eyes. "Who picked them up?" We ask at the same time.

Jason's pov

I quickly walk downstairs. "Daddy!" Keely gasps. "Hey girls, who uh who picked you up from school?" "Hey Jason." Oh no. Ali Cooper. I look at the door. "Mom's back!" Kendyl gasps. "W-What are you doing here?" "Whoa. Why do you have a hospital armband on?" Oh jeez. "I was in the hospital. What's it to ya?" "For what, Jason? Are you okay?" "Just a heart attack from high blood pressure I'm fine. Question is what are you doing here?!" "Well I am the girls' mother!" I cross my arms. "You're not here for them. What do you want?" "Jason, I'll handle her. You can't get your blood pressure up." Miranda says. I sigh and nod and go back upstairs with Luke. "Who was it?" "Alison." "Alison?!" "Yeah." I sit down thoroughly pissed off. "What are you gonna do?" "I don't gotta do jack shit. She lost her chance with me. And now I'm happily married to a girl I love and who doesn't cheat on me, trick me, and lie to me."

Miranda's pov

I'm furious. "Stay the hell away from my brother." I growl, tightening my fists. "Fuck off you bug." She mutters walking passed me. Ugh she's the devil in high heels! "I wish I never found you. It was the biggest mistake of my life." She smirks and turns around. "Maybe. But you're too late." "Actually you're too late. He's married now." Her eyes go wide. "Well I'll just have to change his mind now won't I?" "No." I say, stomping over. "Back off, Mrs. Miracle pregnancy." She growls with a knife to my stomach, making me scream. Kendyl and Keely gasp behind me. She smiles and walks upstairs.

Luke's pov

Me and Jay were talking about what to do when the door opened. He looked up from his hand to a sight he obviously didn't wanna see. "What do you want Ali?" "I want you! I know I've made mistakes but-" "Lemme stop you right there since I can't get my blood pressure up. You aren't getting me!" He says, standing up. "I'm married. Nothing will happen between us. I love Melanie and she loves me! Deal with it and get over me!"

Jason's pov

I turn back around, hoping she'll leave. "And do not come near my girls again. You haven't been in their lives so you can't just show up out of the blue only to leave again. It hurts them." Silence. "JASON LOOK OUT!" "Wha-" I turn around in time for Ali to run at me with a kitchen knife!! "Holy Jesus!" I gasp, dodging it! "What are you doing?!" "Hey Ali." I hear Miranda say. I look to the door. "Stay away from my brother!" She yells then I hear the sound of a gun go off. Ali's eyes go wide and blood trickles down her forehead. Oh my God! My sister just shot her! She's dead on the bedroom floor. "Whoa! Badass girl!" Luke gasps. "Well.... That takes care of that." She says, pocketing the gun. "What in the hell am I gonna tell Keely and Kendyl?! Oh I'm sorry girls your aunt killed your mother!??" I yell, horrified. "Oh please Mel was more of a mother then this bitch! She put a damn knife to my stomach!" I didn't care about her but the girls did! "Are you alright?" Luke asks. She nods. "What do we do with her?" I gape. "Pretend it never happened." She says.

*the next day*

I can't believe she got away with that. Thank God though. My little sister can't survive prison. I smile and hug my daughters while watching TV. Mel lays her head on my shoulder. I smile. "Love you baby." I say, kissing her forehead.