The Wedding

Miranda's pov

There's a knock on my dressing room door. I turn around. Jason. I'm still ticked about the blow up at the hospital. "Can we talk?" "I don't know. Are you gonna criticize how I was raised next?" I grumble, glaring at him through the mirror. He sighs. "No. I came to apologize. I'm an idiot, a stubborn hardheaded idiot about stupid things. Can you forgive me?" I smile, tears pushing at my eyes. I turn around after wiping them. "Of course Jason. You're my brother, I love you so much." I say hugging him and completely breaking down. "There there. If you cry your make up will run." He says, brushing the tears from my cheeks. "Jason, without you this wouldn't be possible." He stares at me confused. "What do you mean?" "If I never met you, I'd never have met my fiancé. The love of my life. Thank you." He smiles and we hug again. I walk out the door and Jason takes his place as best man. My birth father holds an arm out. I smile and take it but something feels like it's missing. We get halfway down the aisle when dad stops and turns around. Everyone is confused. Including me. "Hold on a sec." He kisses my head then walks to my adoptive dad. They say stuff that I can't hear. Then daddy's jaw drops and he stands up. Then both my daddies walk me down the aisle. I hug them both. "I love you guys." Then I stand on the altar across from Luke. My brother looks shocked. I smile. "They've accepted it so can you." I whisper. He sighs and nods.

*later*

Jason's pov

"Hey Jay come here a sec." I walk over to Luke. "What's up bro?" "I need ya to sing for me." "Ok. Sing what?" "Well for the bride and groom dance, we're gonna dance to this." He hands me a song I've never heard. "I wrote it the other night." How the hell am I gonna memorize this in twenty minutes!? "Luke? Why'd ya sprig this on me last second?!" "Cause the guy I hired backed out at the last second!" He says, looking panicked. I smile. "Ya got yourself a singer buddy." He smiles and hugs me. "Thanks man, this means so much." "Of course Luke you're my best friend and she's my sister. This night is gonna be amazing."

Miranda's pov

*20 minutes later*

"And now the bride and groom dance." Luke walks out. Everyone gets off the dance floor as my brother walks onto the stage. I didn't know he was singing for us! "It don't matter what plans I got I can break 'em, I can turn this thing around at the next red light and I don't mind tellin' all the boys I can't meet 'em. Hell we can all go raise some hell on any other night. Oh I don't care oh I just gotta see what you're wearin'." Luke spins and dips me. "If you wanna call me call me call me you don't have to worry bout it baby you can wake me up in the dead of the night wreck my plans baby that's alright, this is a drop everything kinda thing, swing on by I'll pour you a drink, the door's unlocked I'll leave on the lights baby you can crash my party anytime!" Tears come to my eyes. This song is beautiful and the fact that Jason is singing it makes it ten times better. Luke wipes the tears from my eyes, leaving his hands on my cheeks as he kisses me and Jason sings the last lines to the song. "That song was written by the groom for the bride, my amazing beautiful baby sister. Love you guys!" He says. Me and Luke both look at the stage, smiling. He jumps offstage. Luke lets go of me. "May I have this dance?" My brother asks. "Sweet Annie." I whisper, smiling. I slip my hand in his. "I am one lucky girl." I say, smiling. "I don't know where I'd be without you little sister." "I love you Jason." I say, hugging him tight. He's a little caught off guard at first but then his hands slip around my waist. "I love you too."