The Wedding

Miranda's pov

Me and Mel were hanging out in the barn, hours before her wedding to my brother. "Will roles be reversed soon?" She asks. My eyes go wide. "I doubt it." I say with a sigh. Her eyes go wide. "Why do you say that?!" She gapes. "Because I don't want Luke stuck with me. I'm half a woman." She sighs. "I don't know what you're talking about." She grumbles. I sigh and stare up at the roof to the barn. "Mel, where are ya girl!" My big brother asks. She smiles.

Jason's pov

"Up here cowboy!" I look up into the rafters. "There ya are, babe." She jumps down and I catch her. "Your mama's been lookin' all over for ya." She smiles and kisses me. I pull some hay out of her hair. She giggles. "I'll go see what mom wants you go up there and talk to your sister." Uh oh. "What's this about?" I ask, putting my hands on my hips. "Go up and find out. Love you!" She gasps, running out. "Love you too." When I'm sure she is a safe distance away, I mutter, "Crazy." "I heard that!" She shouts making me stiffen. I climb the ladder. "Hey sis what's up?" She was laying upside down, her hair finally grown out, now full of hay. "I don't deserve Luke." She whispers, crossing her legs. I stare at her confused. "What are you talking about?" "I'm half a woman. He deserves someone who can have kids so he doesn't have to worry about adoption and crap."

Miranda's pov

He sits down beside me. "But..... You were adopted and you turned out just fine." I sigh. "I don't know. Maybe I should just break up with him now, save him the annoyance and tiresome problems down the road." He shakes his head. "Don't do that. I know I was scared about you two being together but he loves you. Over the last seven months whenever that guy opens his mouth all he talks about is you." I look up at him. "And you aren't just sayin' crap to make me feel better?" "Of course not girl." I smile and sit up. He dusts the hay out of my hair. I laugh and hug him tightly. "The best moment in my life was meeting you, Jason." "You... You too. I'm a lucky guy." He says, sounding close to tears. My eyes go wide. "Are you okay?" "I'm fine." He stands up. "Let's get to the wedding."

*later*

I smile as tears come to my eyes when my awesome brother grabs Mel's hands. "I don't even need paper cause everything I feel is written in my heart already. You're the only girl in my world I want standing beside me while we raise our girls. I would never be the man I am today without your guidance, big heart, and loving spirit. And I have my sister to thank for that. She introduced us. Melanie I wanna.... No I need to grow old with you. You'll be the girl by my bedside when we're eighty and looking back on all the years, you'll be the girl who will still make my heart swell and my stomach flutter with nerves. Thanks for givin' a young father of two a chance at happiness." Melanie dabs at her eyes. "That was beautiful." She whispers. "Jason, the day I met you, I knew my life was changed forever. I never will be as close to anyone else as I am to you. Without you I'm one half, looking for my other half and only one person fits the bill and that's you my asphalt cowboy. Without you, my days are dark, my nights are long, I can't stand to be without you. You complete me!" Wow their vows were both beautiful. Jason closes his eyes and I'm shocked to see tears roll down his cheeks. Luke who is his best man hands him the ring. "I love you so much, Melanie." He whispers, kissing her forehead and putting the ring on her finger.

*later*

Me and Melanie were chatting at the reception. When suddenly I hear my dad's voice singing a song. His song. "I curse the sun, I pray for rain....." I shockedly stand up. Dad is staring at Jason jaw dropped. He walks over and pulls Melanie to her feet. "This is the best song I've ever heard." My dad hears that and I see tears hint at his eyes. I walk over. "Hey daddy care to dance." He hugs me tight and we dance. I'm so glad Mel and Jason got married and that was by far the best reception ever.