Mom And Dad

Miranda's pov

The only sound I hear is the gravel crunching under my and Jason's feet. He knocks on the door and I squint in the distance seeing a man walking over. I point over there. He smiles. "That's dad." He says, making me gasp. "Hey Jason, what a nice surprise!" Dad says, stopping in front of us, covered in sweat and holding a set of keys. "Dad, I um well I found my sister." He shakily says. He drops the keys in his hands, his eyes wide. "Y-Your sister?" He chokes out, taking a step back. "Deborah!" He shouts which I'm guessing that's our mom. "C-Come inside." Dad says. We go inside and Jason asks why they never told him about me. Our dad bites his lip. "Wait til your mother gets here." Why do I have to be so nervous?! "Hey you okay?" Jason asks looking at me funny. "I uh y-yeah. J-Just a little nervous." I mumble now embarrassed. He smiles. "Come on. How about while we wait, we look through the photo albums." I smile and sit beside him on the couch.

*a few minutes later*

Jason's pov

I hear the hurried walking of my mom. Well our mom. It's still hard to think I have a sister. Mom stands there now looking just as nervous. "Why didn't you tell me I had a sister?" I ask, standing up. "I never thought you guys would ever meet! I mean.... The family that adopted her lived far away from us." She pursued me. That's why. "W-Why did you give me up?" She shakily asks, standing up too. Mom sighs. They don't even know her name probably. "I um mom, dad, I..... This is Miranda my sister." I say. "Miranda I'm sorry we gave you up! We were young and weren't ready for another child. I regretted it ever since."

Miranda's pov

Tears soak my cheeks. They didn't want me. They gave me up willingly. I cover my eyes with my hands and run out the door, crying.

Jason's pov

Uh oh. "How the heck did you two find each other?" Dad asks. "She came to a show. I just... I can't believe you'd hide this from me!" I quickly run after her. "Miranda wait!" I shout, worried. I hear her crying by my truck. I walk over. "They never wanted me." I bite my lip and hug her. "Don't think that way. They were stupid and young then." "No. They gave me up willingly. You can't say they were stupid the whole nine months! They didn't want me!" Poor girl. "B-But mom did say she regretted it." She glares at the gravel drive. "Yeah she probably regretted not aborting me." My eyes go wide. "Don't say that!" "It's true. This was all a mistake!" She jumps down. "I.... Can you just take me back to Mississippi?" I nod worriedly. "Can we.... Uh keep in touch?" "Yeah. I'd like that a lot." I force a smile and hug her tight. "You're my little sister. You're family. Don't ever doubt that." "Thanks Jason. You're the greatest big brother a kid could ever want." I tell mom and dad we're leaving then I get bsck on the road toward her house. "I'm just a five hour drive and thirty minute flight away. You call me and I'll come." She smiles and dries her eyes. I smile too. "Thanks." I wanna ask her about her adoptive parents but I dong know how to start it.

*a few hours later*

I finally work up the nerve to ask. "Your adoptive parents..... Were they.... Were they good to you?" Her eyes go wide. "Yeah. I um they were great..... They spoiled me to death. Mom and dad can't have kids.... I always thought I was a miracle baby ya know but..... They just picked me out..... Ya know?" I smile and nod. "Hey hun, they wanted you." "They sure did. Ya wanna meet them? They'll really like you!" "Sure."

Miranda's pov

I stare out the window, thinking. My mom and dad wanted me since they specially picked ME out. Jason's been such a big help through all this. I lay my head on the window tiredly and fall asleep. I'm shaken awake when we get there. I smile and open the door. Mom is sitting on the porch. I run over and hug my mom. "Hey sweety." She says sounding confused. "I love you mom." "I love you too, what's up?" Tears cone to my eyes again and Jason walks over. "Mama, I met my brother." I wave a hand to the approaching cowboy. "Mom meet Jason. He's been such a big help." He tips his hat in hello. "Where's dad?" "Practicing his song he's working on." She says rolling her eyes. Jason's eyes go wide. "Song?" He asks. "Yeah, he's silly." Mom says. "Not silly, ma'am, I'm a musician." "Oh really? Well he's in the barn if ya wanna listen."

Jason's pov

We walk to the barn and I can hear the music from here. "I curse the sun I pray for rain, I'd run a mile to walk through pain! I've seen the worst and I've seen the best that I can be! God bless outlaws like me!" Wow. I already like it and I only heard the chorus. She pushes open the barn door and the music stops. "Daddy! I have someone I want you to meet!" He walks over in faded overalls. Typical country man! "Dad, this is Jason, my older brother. He's a musician too." We shake hands. "Really? What do you play?" He asks. "Country music. I loved the song by the way. Ya wrote it yourself?" He chuckles and nods. "Thanks. It is a close part of me." I already like this guy a lot. "I know how ya feel man. My music is my life." He sits back down with a guitar. "From the beginning." Miranda says, sitting down on some hay. I smile and sit beside her. "I've been a rough houser, a good time sleep arounder, a straight up whiskey pounder, til I don't know my name! I've been a church goer, a front pew bible holder, a cry on my mama's shoulder when she saw me change, but each day's a choice which one I'm gonna be! God bless outlaws like me!" I'm really glad I took a chance at meeting her that day. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea then but now I'd be kicking myself every day if I didn't.