Bad At Titles

Miranda's pov

Me and Jason were laying in the grass, just talking and hanging out. "I don't know why I feel that way. I do love Luke but I feel he could do better." "You shouldn't. He loves you just the way you are." I glance at him. "With my cancer and insecurities too?" He smiles and looks down at me. "Yeah." "Wow, how could I have ever gotten so lucky." He chuckles softly and stands up. "I gotta go pick the girls up from school, ya wanna come with?" "Sure." I jump in Jason's truck and he goes inside to tell Mel. I'm so glad those two ended up together. They're an adorable couple. He comes back out and we pick the girls up then he drops me off back home. I hug him goodbye and walk inside. Luke was writing. He smiles. "Hey sweet girl, how was Jason's?" "Great. We talked about stuff." I say, sitting beside him. I rest my hands on his shoulders. He smirks back at me. "What are you doing back there?" I laugh. "I dunno." He slips his hands on my sides. "Baby I love you don't ever doubt that." He says, looking into my eyes. "I know ya do Luke." He kisses me, his hand slipping under my shirt. I push back on the couch as we make out. Then the door opens and we both freeze. Luke looks at the door. "Ok wish I didn't see that." I hear Jason say. I pull my shirt back down. "What's up? You look freaked." Luke says. I turn around worried. "Your dad.... Adoptive dad had a car wreck. They called me for some reason." "Is he okay?!" I shriek terrified. He shrugs. "Come on!" Luke says, helping me up. I run out the door and we drive to the hospital.

Jason's pov

"Daddy?!" She screams as she runs into his room. I don't know why it still peeves me off when she calls him dad. He opens his eyes. "Oh God dad! Are you okay?" "Yeah baby girl, just a little head trauma and internal bleeding. I should be better in three weeks tops."

Miranda's pov

Relief floods through me and tears come to my eyes. I hug him tight. "Hey sweetheart why don't ya tell him the news." Luke says. I smile big. "Daddy, I um I'm getting married." His eyes go huge. "Y-You are? M-My little princess is getting married! This is amazing!" He gasps hugging me. Jason walks out. Luke walks over. "Can me and Luke talk alone, sweetheart?" Dad asks. I glance at my fiancé worriedly. Then go out to the waiting room. Jason looks pissed. "Are you alright?" "I just I can't stand it when you call him daddy and your real dad just dad." I cross my arms. "Can ya blame me?! He's the only dad I ever knew until a few months ago. He's the father that raised me!" "But he's not your birth father!" "I don't care! What the hell is wrong with you?" "I hate that you have other parents it drives me insane!" "Well I do. You're gonna have to learn to deal with it." I stomp off back to my dad's room.

Luke's pov

"Ya see Luke. You'll understand if you have a little girl of your own. No man will ever be good enough for your daughter." He hands me the photograph of their wedding. "Until one is." I smile. "I am so glad you're marrying my daughter." Tears come to my eyes. I hug the old man. "Thank you sir. I won't let you down." "I know you won't. You're a good man, Luke." He smiles. The door pushes open. I turn around to my fiancé. I smile and hug her tight. "Luke you make the world make sense." She whispers tearing up. "Whats wrong?" "Not here." She whispers. We head back home. "Jason's being a complete ass because I have two dads and two moms." "Why?" "He doesn't like that I call my adoptive dad daddy." "That's weird." I hug her again and pull her onto my lap. I sing sweet Annie to her because that's her favorite song. She smiles and whisper sings it too, her head on my chest. She slowly drifts off. I smile and kiss her head and we sleep on the couch.