A Proposal Gone Wrong

Jason's pov

Me and Luke meet up at the bar to hang out. I sneakily ask how it's going with Miranda. He stares at his hands, instantly worrying me. "I wanna say something but I'm scared of how you'll react." Uh oh. I clench my fists. "What is it, Luke?" I gripe through clenched teeth. "Well, dude I'm gonna ask her to marry me." My eyes go wide. I was scared it was something else! "Whoa! Luke really?" He nods. "I love her to death." I'm shocked. I stare at my hands in total shock. Tears come to my eyes. I hug my best friend. "Oh Luke I can't wait to call you my brother in law."

*later*

Miranda's pov

I was hanging out with Mel and my nieces when the boys got home from the bar, big smiles on both their faces. "Ok who beat who?" I ask, jokingly. They both laugh. "Nothin' like that." Luke says. I just shrug it off and play checkers with Keely. "King me!" She gasps. I laugh. "Man, Jason, your daughter kicks my ass whenever we play checkers." "Hey you watch your cussin' around my youngins." Me and Mel lock eyes and bust out laughing. "Oh my God that was the most redneck thing I've ever heard come out of your mouth!" I gasp, trying to catch my breath. "Ok come on kids. Bedtime." He says. "Oh but dad, I've almost won. Five more minutes." He smiles. "Ok finish kicking your aunt's butt then it's off to bed." I glare at him. "I could win if I really tried." "Yeah yeah sure ya could." He says, walking to the kitchen. I glare after him. "I won!" Huh? My eyes go wide. Damn! "Damn you're good!" I gasp. "Ooh... Daddy!" Kendyl yells. I sigh embarrassed. "What?" "Aunt Miranda cussed again!" My face gets red. "Girl don't make me get the soap again." He says making me laugh. He takes the girls to bed and I put the game up. "Hey Miranda I've got a question to ask you." Luke says. I'm surprised since he seems so nervous.

Jason's pov

Mel sits on my lap. "What's going on?" She whispers. "Luke's poppin' the question." I whisper back. "Miranda will you marry me?" Her eyes get huge and tears fill them. "I'm sorry Luke I can't." My jaw drops. "W-What?" He gasps. "You deserve better than me. I'm not good enough." She says, bursting into tears and running out the door. Oh my God. "What the hell just happened?" He gasps from the ground. "I'll talk to her man." I say, running out the door. The wind and rain starts blowing. "Miranda!" I gasp. I hear her crying. I run over there. She's already soaked to the bone. "What was that?" I gape, waving my hand behind myself. "You know why, Jason. I am not gonna tie that poor kind man down. And I'm not gonna make him adopt!" My eyes go wide, my hands shaking. "Sweetheart, Luke doesn't care about that. He loves you. I.... I was wrong to keep you two apart in the beginning. All he wants is you to be happy." I shakily say walking over. She turns around, tears streaming down her face. "Baby what are we becoming? It feels just like we're always runnin', goin' through the motions everyday. I could lean in to hold you or act like I don't even know you it seems like you could care less either way."

Miranda's pov

I shakily open the barn door. Luke is crying and singing do I in the the rain. "Do I turn you on at all when I kiss ya baby, does the sound of me wantin' ya drive ya crazy do I have your love am I still enough? Tell me don't I? Or tell me do I baby?" "Oh Luke." I whisper, shocked. Of course he does. "See sweetheart, Luke doesn't care about any of that. He loves you just the way you are." I turn back to my drenched in rain brother. "Oh Jason I'm such a fool!" He smiles. "Go get your man." He says. I smile and nod. I take off running. "Luke!" I scream through the rain. He lowers the guitar. "Baby girl?" "Luke my answer is yes! I will marry you!" The rain is so loud he can barely hear me but he does. He runs over and scoops me in his arms. "Miranda Aldean I love you more than life, I'd love it if you'd become my wife." He says, spinning me around, the rain cascading all down us. "Yes. Luke I can't wait to become Mrs. Luke Bryan." Jason walks out of the barn, not even caring that he's getting rained on. Melanie stands in the doorway to the house. A soft smile on her face. A light laugh escapes the young cowboy as he runs over and hugs his wife tight. "I have the best big brother ever." I whisper, looking over at the two laughing together. "I love you." Luke says. "I love you too." I whisper, kissing him.