A Typical Monday Morning

*a few months later*

Jason's pov

I hear the alarm go off. I sigh and pull myself out of bed. "Girls time to get up for school!" I call down the hall. I get dressed and find my boots. "What's going on?" Melanie mumbles rubbing her eyes. "Go back to sleep baby girl. I'm just takin' Keely and Kendyl to school." She smiles. "Aww Mondays suck." She says already drifting off again. I smile, watching her. She's so amazing. I got so close with her in just a matter of months. I sit beside her and kiss her forehead. "God bless outlaws like me." After that I walk downstairs. Keely and Kendyl wait by the door. I smile. I drop her off at school then drive to my mom's since it's another hour and a half til her schooling starts. Mama makes her breakfast and she watches cartoons until it's time to go. "I'm so glad Miranda wants to call me mom now." I smile. "Of course mama, she loves you too." She wipes her eyes. "I still regret giving her up all those years ago." I don't like talking about her adoption. It's still a sore subject. I wonder how her and Luke are doing. I'd check on them if it wasn't 8 AM. "Kendyl come say goodbye to grandma. We gotta be at the school soon." She runs in and hugs my mom. I wish they didn't go to different schools. Oh well. I load her up and drop her off. "Love ya princess." I say, hugging her. Then I drive back home.

Melanie's pov

Jason walks back in tiredly. He collapses to the bed, his face buried in the pillow. "Mondays sure suck huh?" I ask, smiling and patting his head. He says something but I can't understand a word. I laugh slightly. "What was that?" He turns his head, his eyes closed now. "6:30 in the morning is not peaking hours for a musician." He mumbles. I smile and lay down beside him. I kiss his nose and he opens his eyes. "I'm tired." He says. "Then let's go back to sleep, sleepyhead." He smiles and turns over on his back. "Goodnight princess." He whispers, falling asleep, his arms around me as I fall asleep on his chest.