Pox

Nikki

"Remember the doctor's number is--"

"In the book on your desk." I remind her. "Babe, I've got this."

"Okay." Skylar smiles. "I'm not sure about this."

"I am, you're going to love it in New York." I promise her and she looks down at Bleu.

"Okay handsome, I'm going to miss you." She says and sits on her knees in front of him.

"Do you have to go, mommy?" Bleu asks her and she frowns.

"I do, I'm sorry." Skylar tells him quietly. "You're going to have so much fun with daddy."

I get down on their level and grabs Bleu's sides. Skylar smiles and I nod.

"We're going to have so much fun." I assure him.

"Fight 216 to New York is now boarding." The PA says and Skylar looks up.

"That's me." She says quietly. "I love you." Skylar tells Bleu and he hugs her neck tightly. "I'm going to miss you so much!"

"Who's going to read the bedtime story and who's going to make breakfast or lunch or dinner?" Bleu asks her.

"Daddy will, baby." She assures him. "I'll call before bedtime."

"Bleu tell mommy you love her." I tell Bleu and put my hand on his back.

"I love you so much, mommy." He says quietly.

"I love you too, baby boy." Skylar says and kisses our son's lips.

My wife stands up to face me while our son hugs my legs. Skylar draws in a shaky break and wraps her arms around my shoulder and I pull her closer to me. Her breathing is really shaky now and I kiss her cheek, Skylar is on the verge of crying her eyes out.

"Don't cry, baby." I tell her quietly. "Everything will be okay."

"I know, I know." She says quietly.

"You're going to miss your flight, Sky." I tell her and she pulls back.

"Yeah, yeah, okay." Skylar says and kisses my lips. "I love you so much, if anything happens I'm on the next flight home." She says and kisses my lips again. "I love you."

"I love you too, everything is going to be fine." I promise her and she smiles.

"I'll call you two as soon as I land. I love you both so much." Skylar says and kisses Bleu's hair. "I'll be back in a few days."

Skylar grabs her bags and goes to catch her flight, I look down at Bleu who is crying. I scoop him up and wipe the tears from his eyes. I hug him tightly as we walk back to the car.

"Everything is going to be okay, Bleu." I promise him.

"I miss mommy and I'm ititty." He says.

"You're what?" I ask worried.

"Ititty, daddy, ititty. Like scratchy." Bleu explains.

"Oh itchy! Baby, don't scratch." I say. "I miss mommy too." I admit.

I drive back home and Bleu goes to play. There was a message on the answering machine from Bleu's school but since the first day I don't really like the school so I didn't pay all that much attention to it.

After I pretend to listen to the message I start to make lunch for Bleu and I but the phone goes off. It's too early for Skylar to have gotten into New York so I have no idea who it is. I run to grab the phone and pick it up.