The Wild Side

I sit outside Alex's in my Corvette. She takes forever and a half but that's Alex for you. She's probably tried on everything in her closet twice and the outfit she finally landed on she's looked at herself in the mirror for twenty minutes not sure if it's right. I know Alexandria Van Zant very well.

I've been listening to Mötley Crüe's Girls, Girls, Girls album all day to refresh myself. They're a good band, I'll give them that and I'm actually a fan of there's. This is going to be an interesting interview that's for certain.

What is is bass player going to be like? I've dealt with every possible type of musician. I've met the ones that think they're god's gift to women. I've met the ones that think they're some kind of God. The ones that think every girl on this plant just want to give them head. Rock Stars are a different breed of human. They can put their bodies through this unimaginable hell of years of drug and alcohol abuse and still survive. It's bizarre to me.

The passenger side door opens and Alex slides into my car.

"Do I look okay?" She wonders and I roll my eyes.

"You're a model, Al, you always look good." I say as I start my car.

I drive to the arena where the concert is being held and I put he backstage pass around my neck. Alex and I wander around back stage.

"This is the Wild Side, ladies and gentlemen." Alex says with a laugh.

There's an ungodly amount of hookers, and groupies, and all around slit bags around. Smoke hangs into the air and that mixes with hairspray to make a hazy atmosphere. It's loud but that's normal for a rock concert. The opening act is getting ready to go on stage.

Arms come around Alex's and my shoulders and someone laughs. I know exactly who it is. I did an interview with Vince a couple of years back it ended up getting cut from the magazine so I can't remember if I told Alex or not.

"Hello Miss Thing, how's the reporter game doing?" Vince says and Alex's dark eyes grow.

"Pretty good, Vince. How's the rock star life treating you?" I wonder and he grins.

"Well I get to deal with pretty little things like you all the time so that works out well." He jokes then turns to Alex. "I don't think I know you."

"That's my friend Alexandria Van Zant. Alex, I think you know of Vince Neil?" I say and she smiles awkwardly.

"Van Zant, like Ronnie Van Zant? Like Sweet Home Alabama?" Vince wonders. "Oh my god, you're so fucking pretty. Like a knockout!"

"Yeah he was my dad." Alex says quietly. "And thanks." She says as she turns red.

"Well Skylar, I think I'm going to get better acquainted with the beautiful Alexandria." Vince says and grabs the arm of one of the crew members. "Hey man, would you lead the beautiful Skylar Roxford to Nikki's dressing room? They have an interview together."

"Of course, right this way, Miss Roxford." He says and I smile.

"Skylar is fine." I say as we walk.

I'm lead to this room and he opens the door. Nikki Sixx is sitting on the leather couch tuning his bass, he looks up and us and smiles.

"Nik, this is Skylar Roxford. She's with the Rolling Stone." The crew member says and Nikki puts his bass down.

"Of course." Nikki says. "Have a seat, Miss Roxford."

"Thank you and Skylar is fine." I say as I sit in the arm chair.

"Roxford, are you Tobi Roxford's kid?" Nikki wonders as I get out my notebook.

"Yeah." I admit and he nods. "Should we start the interview?"

"Yes of course, I would hate to keep all those screaming girls waiting." He admits.

"Okay, so this is the last stop for the Girls, Girls, Girls tour?" I ask.

"Kinda." He says. "We start a tour of Europe in October."

"So after the Europe tour what's the next big thing for Mötley Crüe?" I wonder.

"Hopefully put out a fifth studio album." Nikki answers.

"So more personal, where do you see yourself in five years?" I ask and he half smiles.

"Wife and kids, I mean still being in the band but you can't be in your twenties forever." He says and I nod.

"Not a normal rock star answer." I say and he laughs.

"I'm not a normal rock star, Miss Roxford." Nikki says.

"Clearly." I say and he smirks.

"What do you mean by that, Miss Roxford?" He asks.

"I'm used to more ego in my rock stars I suppose." I say.

"There is no such thing as a humble rock star." Nikki says. "I'm not a humble rock star. I know I'm good, just like I know that there's a million girls who just want to give me head. I know that I'm a rock god."

There's that rock star ego.

"You said there's no such thing as a humble rock star." I say and he nods. "I disagree."

"Please enlighten me." He challenges.

"Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines, Tobi Roxford." I say quietly.

"Then put on a good southern gentleman show, I'll give you that. They were not humble, Miss Roxford." Nikki states. "They put on a damn good show but in the end, they craved girls, money, and fame."

That crossed a line. You don't talk about my father or Alex's father.

"That's where you're wrong, Mr. Sixx. Van Zant and Roxford were fathers. They loved their wives and their daughters." I say as I stand up.

"Oh shit." He mumbles.

"You may be a rock god, Nikki Sixx, and there may be a million girls lining up to give you head but I'm not one of them." I say and he shakes his head.

"No one has ever talked to me like that." He mumbles then stands up. "You think standing up is going to scare me? You're five foot six and weigh a hundred pounds if you're lucky. You don't scare me."

"I should." I say through my teeth. "I don't think you understand Nikki, I have the power to brake your career in half. You may be a rock god but I have a legion of readers who listen to what I say. I am the God of music critics and my voice will never not be heard."

Nikki and I just look at each other for a minute. I smile because I know I won. I pick up my knapsack and walk towards the door. When I get there I turn around.

"Thank you for your time, Mr. Sixx." I say and exit the dressing room.

Alex should be fine with Vince. I think as I walk towards my car.

Time to write an article.

Nikki

Tommy is gonna murder me. I fucked up this interview so much. This is a disaster. Like one of those big ones where only twinkies and cockroaches survive.

Fuck my life.