Alabama Water

Alex and I are out walking our dogs while the boys are doing whatever our boys do. But I feel like something is up with her, every time I talk about going home she looks at her watch then gives me some bullshit reason to stay out. I don't like this feeling of the unknown.

It's almost the end of May and life is just seeming to get back to normal after mom died. Everything with Nikki is going great, he's been getting help from a bunch of really good doctors and he's off heroin completely and drinking less. Vince and Alex are still going strong and Alex is talking about having a baby but I don't know how Vince feels about that. All and all things are going great.

Nikki

"--Alex wants to have baby now and I don't know if I'm ready for that, you know? Like we haven't even been married a year, hell, I haven't known her a year." Vince rambles on as we walk through the mall.

"Uh huh." I agree without paying all that much attention.

Vince said something but I didn't hear it, I got too much going on in my head right now. I decided that I'm going to ask Skylar to marry me. I have a jet arranged that is leaving tonight at nine. We're going to fly to Paris where our relationship almost ended and I'm going to ask her to marry me there. I feel like I have a really solid plan.

God, I hope she says yes. I mean she told me a few months back that when I asked her that she'd say yes but I'm kinda springing all of this on her. Skylar also kinda hates surprises and not being in control of anything. What if she doesn't even get on the plane? Is it too soon for me to ask her to marry me? We've been together a year in July, that's a long time isn't it? And we have a dog together, Scorpio is like our child. That means this is serious, right?

Jesus Christ.

All I know is that I am completely in love with this woman. Skylar is my other half and there's no one on this planet that I'd rather have annoy me for the rest of my natural born life. Skylar makes me crazy sometimes and we fight over trivial things sometimes but I wouldn't have it any other way. I want Skylar to be my wife, I want her to be Skylar Sixx.

"Nikki!" Vince pulls me from my thoughts.

"What?" I ask.

"Where the hell are we going?" He asks and I look around.

"Here." I say and pull him into the jewelry store.

The salesperson recognizes me and smiles. She runs back into the backroom and Vince looks over at me confused.

"Look at, Sixx, we're friends and all but doesn't mean we're--"

"Shut up before your mind goes weird places." I say and he sighs. "I just gotta pick something up."

"For?" Vince asks and I roll my eyes.

"Tommy, Vince! Who the hell do you think?" I ask and he laughs.

"So Skylar?" He asks.

"Yeah." I agree as the salesgirl comes back.

She comes over to us and pulls the little ring box out of the bag. I can feel Vince look over at me confused but I keep looking at the girl. She opens the box up and the beautiful ring with blue diamonds around the band and one big diamond in the centre. Blue is Skylar's favourite colour, I mean it's the colour of her sky. The ring is perfect for my girl.

"Does everything look okay?" The salesgirl asks.

"Yeah, it looks perfect." I smile and she nods putting the ring back in the bag.

Since I paid for it when I ordered it I don't need to pay again so Vince and I walk out of the jewelry store. We walk in absolute silence out towards Skylar's Corvette that's sitting in the parking lot.

"I don't think that ring is gonna fit Tommy." Vince finally says something. "So are you actually gonna ask her to marry you?"

"Yeah, I am." I agree.

"Are you sure you guys are--"

"Vin, how long were you and Alex together before--"

"Okay, fair enough." He laughs. "Where are you going to do it?"

"We fly to Paris tonight, if I can get her to pack without her being a stubborn ass." I laugh.

"Get Alex to do it! I'll drag Skylar with me to go to get food or something." Vince explains and I nod then laugh.

"She's gonna kill me." I laugh.

"So I guess Scorpio is staying with us?" He asks and I nod.

"I guess your wife didn't tell you." I say and he sighs.

"Alex is forgetful." Vince admits and I smile.

"Must be something in that Alabama water then. Skylar is insanely forgetful." I explain with a laugh.

When we got back to the house Skylar and Alex were already there. I could tell that Skylar was completely confused and that she knew something was up. There's a pretty good possibility that she'll kill me for this later.

I'm still not quite sure how but Vince convinced my girlfriend to go to pick up Chinese food with him leaving Alex and I to pack her suitcases. I didn't  realize that someone could know so much about another person but Alex knows literally everything about Skylar. Alex knows that Skylar sometimes gets sick on airplanes and to pack the proper medication. She knows that Sky can't fly without a picture of her dad in her carry on. Alex knows that my girlfriend doesn't go out of the country without a little tiny bible that she never reads but keeps her safe. Alex literally knows every little thing about her best friend. I guess that's what you get for being with someone your whole life.

After we ate Vince and Alex made themselves scarce and they took Scorpio which I know raised some questions with Skylar. So it's just Skylar and I sitting in the front room, she's laying with her head in my lap and I smile down at her.

"Wanna go somewhere?" I ask her and her face scrunches into a confused look.

"Like where?" She asks.

"Like away from everything. Just you and me. No Vince, Tommy, Alex, Mick just you and me completely alone." I explain.

"Like a vacation?" Skylar asks and I nod.

"Probably would've been the better way to describe it, yeah." I laugh. "What do you say? Wanna go?"

"Like now?" She asks with big eyes.

"Right now." I agree. "Bags are in the car and our flight leaves in an hour."

"Okay uh, where are we going?"Skylar wonders and I kiss her lips.

"Paris, amore." I say quietly.