Pre-Interview Pep Talks

Nikki

"Babe, are you sure that's how you want to dress to interview four guys?" I ask and Skylar rolls her eyes.

"Yeah because my black lingerie and whip are at the dry cleaners." She says as she does her makeup.

"Baby, don't tease me." I say and she laughs.

I sit on her bed playing with Scorpio, well he's gnawing on my thumb so I think that counts as playing. I pick him up and I walk over to Skylar with him in my arms.

"Scorpio agrees with me." I say as he licks her ear. "He says that you look cold and you need more clothes." Skylar laughs.

"I think he says that I look pretty." She says and scratches behind his ears. "Don't ya, boy?"

Skylar does look phenomenal and that's what I'm worried about. She's absolutely stunning and I know that other guys pick up on it. I know Bret will pick up on it.

"Trader." I mumble. "Scrop, I thought it was bros before hoes."

"Hey!" Skylar says and lightly hits my shoulder. I laugh and kiss her temple as she takes her dog.

"He's a mama's boy, that's for sure." I say and she smiles.

"He loves his daddy too, Nik." She says and I smile.

"I don't know, I think he's still getting used to me and my boots." I say and point to he pair of boots that Scorpio has claimed as his. "Good thing I have about six pairs."

"I'm sorry about that, babe." Skylar says and links her fingers in mine. "I'll buy you new boots."

"Don't worry about it, Sky. This rock star thing is working out, y'know?" I ask and she smiles in answer. "You do look beautiful."

"Thank you, baby." She says and kisses my cheek. "So do you." I smile and she laughs.

"It's just my life goal." I say and she kisses my lips. "Babe, what time is your interview at?" I ask when I pulls back.

"Uhh, eight." Sky answers.

"We should go soon." I say and she nods.

I smile and grab her hand. I open her bedroom and Scorpio runs out a head of us. He waits at the top of the stairs for us to get there before running downstairs. Skylar walks towards the kitchen and I watch as Scorpio follows her.

Okay so something about Skylar's usual ten foot tall and bulletproof attitude is different. It changed in the time it took us to walk down the stairs. I walk into the kitchen to see her sitting on the counter drinking a bottle of water mindlessly watching Scorpio chase his tail.

"Sky." I say once I get in front of her. She looks up at me and forces a smile. "What's bugging you, babe?"

"Would you believe me if I told you that you have me scared?" Sky asks and my eyes grow.

"Skylar Roxford, scared?" I ask. "I don't think it's possible." She half smiles.

"Think of it this way. What's a man in a room filled with women?" She asks.

"In his glory." I say and she nods.

"And a women in a room filed with men?" Sky ask and everything clicks in my head.

"Horrified." I say and she nods.

"I've never done an interview that wasn't one on one, Nik. I'm horrified, so much could go wrong!" She says and I shake my head.

"Baby." I say as I stand between her legs knocking my forehead on hers. "You're the best at what you do, right?"

"Well--"

"Sky."

"Yeah I am." She agrees.

"That's why you were asked to do this interview." I tell her. "And what am I?" She gives me a look and I smile. "Answer the question, Sky."

"You're a rock god bass player." Skylar says and I laugh.

"Yeah but I'm your rock god bass player. I'm not going to let anyone touch you, I promise." I say and she smiles. "I'll be right outside the door if you need me. I mean Vince, Tommy, Alex, Mick, and I will all be at the bar. Plus you that's a six on four advantage. Hell, you touch Alexandria's best friend you're as good as dead anyways."

Skylar laughs and kisses my lips. I smile into her mouth and I wrap my arms around her waist.

"You ready to kill that interview?" I ask and a grin crosses her face.

"Hell yeah, I am." Skylar says and I smile.

"There's my cut throat journalist." I say and she smiles.

Skylar presses her lips to mine and I pull her off the counter. I pull back and kiss her nose.

"Just before we go to the interview, I just gotta do something." I say and she gives me a look. "For starters, put up your hair, babe." Skylar quickly throws up her hair and I smile. "Perfect."

I kiss her neck roughly and I bite her neck. Maybe it was a little too hard because she jumps a little bit.

"Nikki? What the hell?" Skylar asks and I pull her hair out of her ponytail.

"Just had to mark my territory." I say and she shoves my shoulder.

"I hate you." She mumbles and I smile. "I'm gonna have a fucking bruise."

"Good." I say and kiss her cheek. "I hate you too."

I lead her out to my bike and she gets on behind me. We ride up to the Rainbow and we walk into the bar. Skylar squeezes my hand and smiles up at me, she kisses my hand.

"I'll be right here if you need me, okay Skylar?" I tell her and she nods. "You'll do great, babe."

I kiss her temple and she hugs my chest. I walk her over to the room and Skylar goes inside. I walk over to the table that Vince, Mick, Tommy, and Alex are sitting at. I pull up a chair beside Mick and Vince smiles across the table at me.

"You're okay with your girlfriend being alone with Poison?" He asks and I nod. "A change of heart, I see." Vince laughs.

"I don't know, she's my girlfriend." I say and light up a cigarette. "I love her, y'know?"

"Yeah, you love her, Nik. But Skylar can take care of herself, ask Jay." Alex smiles.

"What the hell did she do to Jay?" I ask.

"Broke his nose when she was in the fifth grade." She laughs and I smile.

That's my girl.