Pop Tarts and Problems

It was almost a month to the day that my Poison interview hit the news stands and I didn't have any rock gods at my doorstep selling Girl Scout cookies after this interview. Anyways the summer has melted into the first week of September and I know that in the second week of October Mötley Crüe goes on tour again. We all realized this at about the same time Nikki, Vince, Alex, and I decided to hit a bar and have some fun and to get our minds of the count down for our boys leaving. We all got really drunk and the night blurs into confusion for me. I do know that at some point or another we lost Vince and Alex.

I wake up after a night of drinking my body weight in Jack Daniels and my head is killing me. I feel like I should be leaking Tennessee Style whiskey. My body hurts and light kills my eyes. Oh the joys of being hung over.

Nikki's arm is thrown over me as he sleeps on the pillow next to me. Scorpio has wedged himself in between us and has fallen asleep under Nikki's arm as well. At this point I'm not quite sure who's snoring is louder my boyfriend's or my dog's.

Scorpio has nearly doubled his size in the past month or so that we've had him. I mean you'd never guess that he was the smallest in his litter now. He still like to gnaw on things like Nikki's boots or our toes but he doesn't actually bite us, it's more of a teething thing.

Nikki's eyes open quickly and he instantly closes them again. He removes his arm from me and starts rubbing his eye.

"The light. It burns." Nikki says sleepily.

"I know, baby." I say and he parts his fingers so I can see his gorgeous green eyes.

"Babe, do we have pop tarts?" He asks and I smile.

"I think so." I laugh. "Are you hungry or something?"

"Yes, I am." Nikki says and drops his hands from his face. "What kind of pop tarts do you have here?"

"Either strawberry or blueberry. I can't remember they're downstairs." I say and he smiles.

"But downstairs is so far." He complains. "Will you go down and look for me?"

"No, Nikki." I laugh. "I'm warm and I don't want to move."

"Skylar." Nikki complains.

"Nikki." I mock and he laughs.

"Skylar." He says and squishes my face with his hands.

"Nikki." I complain and start to squish his face.

We complain back and fourth and squish each other's faces. Nikki is stronger than me so he starts to push me backwards. See the thing with that is, neither of us realized how close I was to the edge of the bed.

I landed on the hardwood floor with a thump. A thump that woke up Scorpio because in the next instant he was at the edge of the bed licking my nose. Nikki moves so he can see me.

"Are you okay, baby?" He asks and I nod. "Good." He turns his attention to Scorpio. "You gotta share your mama, Scor."

Nikki moves our dog and lays down on his stomach hanging his head over the edge of the bed. I smile and press my lips to his. I feel Nikki smile against my mouth and I pull back.

"I hate you, sometimes." I say and he grins.

"I know." Nikki says and pecks my lips again. "I love you, Skylar."

"You what?" I ask and he laughs.

"I said: I. Love. You." He kisses my lips after every word and I smile.

"I never thought I'd say this to someone but I love you too, Nikki." I say and he sits up.

"I really am hungry, can we go find those pop tarts?" He wonders and I nod.

Between Nikki and I wear are a fully dressed person. I wear one of his t shirts over my underwear and Nikki just wears pyjama pants. We walk downstairs and into the kitchen with Scorpio in toe. I start the coffee while Nikki looks through my pantry, in the meantime I feed Scorpio.

"Ah ha!" Nikki says and pulls his head out of my pantry. He puts the box on the island and smiles. "Blueberry!" He states and I laugh.

"Told you it was one or the other." I say and he opens the box handing me one of the packages.

I pull down a couple of plates from the cabinet and hand one to Nikki as he goes over to the toaster. I play my pop tarts on he plate and I go over to the microwave. I put the plate into the microwave and Nikki looks over at me.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asks.

"What the hell does it look like, Nik?" I wonder. "I'm making pop tarts."

"You're supposed to use the toaster." Nikki states and I roll my eyes.

"They're better this way." I say and he shakes his head.

"What the hell is the matter with you, Sky? Did anyone teach you how to pop tart properly?" He asks and I laugh.

"The toaster burns them." I state.

"You can adjust the temperature, dumbass." Nikki smirks and I laugh.

"Whatever." I say and he smiles.

"I win." He states as the toaster pops.

We eat at the island and we'll hit each other's elbows in hopes of getting pop tart all over the other's face. We laugh and have fun and yeah, I'm in love with this rock god.

That's about the time the front door gets busted open.

"I'm not getting a divorce, Alexandria!" We hear Vince say before we actually see either of them.

"What?" Nikki and I say together and share a look.

Alex walks into the kitchen and looks at us.

"We got drunkenly hitched last night and that stubborn ass won't give me a divorce!" She states and my eyes grow.

Vince walks in and they start arguing again. Nikki wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"Aren't you happy that we fight about pop tarts?" He whispers in my ear and I laugh.