Hospital Wedding

It's the twentieth of March and the day that Nikki and I decided to get married. Everything was planned down to a tee and was going to go perfectly. Alex is officially fifteen days overdue and quite pissed off about it actually.

Our wedding is going to be relatively small. Van Zants flew back to California for the wedding and with them they brought RJ's knocked up cheerleader and Jay's Yankee model. Both sets of my grandparents flew in from Alabama and Italy. Tommy, Mick, and Vince are here with their girlfriends or wives. There's Henry with some reporters and photographers from The Rolling Stone. That's it. Nikki and I wanted a small wedding.

Nikki and I walk into the church behind my Aunt LeeAnn with Alex and Vince arguing behind us.

"I'm serious, babe. I think you might be in labour." He tells her and she sighs.

"Vince, you are imagining things." Alex tells her husband and walks up to her mother making me roll my eyes.

"Hey Sky, keep an eye on her." Vince tells me. "I think my wife is in labour."

"She might just be pissed off at you." Nikki laughs causing his friend to shove him.

Nikki pulls my arm and wraps it around his torso, I wrap my other arm around him and put my head against his shoulder. He kisses my forehead and wraps his arms around my shoulders .

"Ready to marry me?" Nikki asks quietly and I smile.

"Of course, I love you." I whisper and I hear him laugh.

"Good because I love you too." He says and pecks my lips.

"Hey Skylar, come on. We got to get ya pretty so you can make what you're doing legal." Alex laughs and I roll my eyes.

"I'll see you in a little while." Nikki tells me and I kiss his lips.

"Have fun." I say and he smiles.

"Don't run out on me now." He laughs and kisses my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." I say as Alex starts to drag me away.

"Hey! Don't hurt her!" Nikki calls after us and I laugh.

Aunt LeeAnn leads us back to this room where we all get set up. I get pushed through hair and makeup which I don't really like all that much but Aunt LeeAnn told me that I couldn't do my own hair and makeup. The hair stylist curls my hair and fixes the lengths so they lay properly. The makeup artist wings out my eyeliner and makes me put on light pink lip gloss or stick or something, I really don't know. While all of this is going on Aunt LeeAnn, Nona, and Grandma are having tea and coffee.

Alex is in a lot of pain but she's not going to admit it anytime soon. Her breathing is off and she keeps scrunching up her face about every five minutes. I'm starting to agree with Vince, I think my friend is in labour. Alex isn't going to admit she's in pain because she's a stubborn ass like everyone else in her family.

Alex gets dressed up in her bluey green coloured maid of honour dress and heads out the door for some reason. Aunt LeeAnn pushes my wedding dress at me and I sigh.

"Come on sugar, time to get dressed." She smiles and I stand up. "What are you thinking?"

"That I never thought I'd get married let alone to a rock star." I admit with a laugh and she smiles.

"Your daddy and mama would be so proud of you, sugar." Aunt LeeAnn tells me.

"I feel like I know what Alex was thinking. Like tv tells little girls that your daddy walks you down the aisle and both of us don't have a dad to walk us down the aisle." I explain.