Trust Issues

About a month or so later, after RJ and Jay go back to Alabama, everything is running smoothly. Vince is still not exactly getting along with Stella and Smudge but I mean everything with Nikki and I is going great. Like it couldn't be better.

Dating Nikki has almost changed everything I've ever thought about rock stars. He's sweet and funny and treats me like a queen. Nikki doesn't have sixteen different girls on the go and if there's other girls around Nikki holds my hand and kisses me in front of them.

We've been bouncing between spending the night at my house and his. Everything seems to work out fine. But I guess nothing lasts forever.

I had woke up to the phone ringing. Nikki was still asleep so I walked downstairs to get in. I'm only wearing one of Nikki's shirts and the floor is really freaking cold! I make it to the phone and hold it to my ear.

"Hello?" I say into it.

"Superstar, baby!" Henry calls and I smile. "How are you today, Miss Skylar?"

"I'm great Henry, how are you?" I ask.

"I am wonderful!" He says excitedly. "I've got you a new project!"

"Really? Tell me about it?" I ask and he laughs.

"There's that Roxford fire!" Henry says. "Poison, they're on a two week leave from tour and I've got your interview date for the weekend. Saturday at The Rainbow."

"Poison? Like all four of them? That's new." I say.

"They want a full tour extravaganza. This band is hot, like fire! They want the inside scoop from their tour. Girls want them, guys want to be them, I need the inside story! This could be your biggest article ever! Not counting the ones in People about you dating Nikki Sixx." Henry says and I roll my eyes. "Now I thought we were friends, Sky. I had to find about your dirty little secrets with the rest of North America."

"I'm sorry, Henry. We just weren't planning on telling everyone right away." I say.

That's true, I mean it was the same with Vince and Alexandria. We were doing pretty good, I mean we were together a good two weeks before it hit magazines. It's a week longer than Vince and Alex had. But some People reporter saw Nikki and I walking out of a bar. We were holding hands and kissing before we got on his motorcycle. That was all over news stands within two days.

"Try telling People reporters that." Henry laughs. "Sleaze at its finest right there."

Henry hates People magazine, they're the competition and Henry hates competition. I roll my eyes and look at my nails.

I hear Nikki walk down the stairs, I look up at hip and stick out my tongue at him. Nikki smiles and walks up behind me. He wraps an arm around my shoulders and kisses my neck.

"Anyways, my superstar reporter are you in? The Poison interview?" He wonders.

"Yeah Henry, I'll do it." I say.

"Fantastic! You're a superstar!" Henry laughs. "Ciao, Skylar! I hope to see the interview by Wednesday."

"Of course, Hen." I say as I hang up the phone.

"Who was on the phone, babe?" Nikki wonders and kisses behind my ear.

"Henry, my boss." I say as we walk into the kitchen. "I've got a new project."

"Really? That's exciting." He says as I start to make coffee. "Who are you interviewing this time?"

"Poison." I say and he makes a face.

"Like all of them?" Nikki wonders.

"Yeah. They really want a tour scoop." I say and he makes a face again. "Okay, what's with the face?"

"Just that's a lot of guys." He says.

"Babe, it's my job." I say. "I'm used to it by now."

"But babe, where's this interview going to be?" Nikki asks.

"The Rainbow." I say.

Nikki looks at his coffee cup and I definitely know that something is very wrong. I put my coffee cup on the counter and cross my arms.

"Okay, what the hell is going on?" I ask.

"I don't want you to do the interview." He mumbles and my eyes grow.

"What?" I ask.

"Skylar, I know you heard me. I don't want you to do the interview." Nikki says and I look at him.

"No I heard you fine, I just wanted to give you a chance to fix your answer." I state and he half smiles.

"Skylar, I know how guys' brains work. I don't want you subjected to that." He states and I cross my eyes.

"Nikki, this is my job. I'm used to rock stars." I say.

"Skylar, would you just listen? I don't want you around guys like Bret Michaels." Nikki states.

"Okay, you don't want me to do my job. What do you want me to do? I have bills to pay. Move in and be your personal--"

"Yes!"

"No! Oh my god, Nikki! What's next? I can't see Alex because you're scared Vince is gonna try to get into my pants? I can't see RJ and Jay because they've wanted to do the dirty with me since I was like eight?" I ask and he rolls his eyes.

"No babe, I never said that. I just don't want you around Bret Michaels and his wannabe rock band." He states.

"Do you honestly not trust me?" I ask. "I'm dating you, Nikki! I don't want anyone else! I thought you knew that!"

"I do trust you, Skylar! I don't trust other guys!" Nikki states and looks at his watch. "I've gotta go to the studio." He mutters to himself. "Look we'll talk about this later."

"You know I think this does its justice, Nik." I say. "You don't trust me and that's that!"

"Oh my god, Skylar!" Nikki sighs and slams the door shut.

I sigh and lean against the kitchen counter.

Is it too early to start drinking? I think I have some Jack Daniels around here somewhere.