Marry-Go-Rounds and Hairspray Flamethrowers

Why did he have to bring that up?

Why the hell did I respond? I mean I made a career out of being an outspoken bitch. Some rock star making me bawl like a little bitch. God if it ever gets out, I'll be ruined. If it ever gets out, I'll kill Nikki Sixx. That would be a good headline, God I could see it now. Rock star's daughter bludgeons famous rock god.

Stupid rock god.

I wipe the tears from my cheeks and sigh.

"Hey Skylar?" Nikki's voice calls.

"You're still here?" I ask.

"I'm not gonna to leave until you talk to me." He says and I smile.

"We're talking right now." I say and he laughs.

"You know what I mean." Nikki says. "Want to open the door?"

"Not really." I admit.

"That's fine, we'll talk like this." He says. "Do you honestly know anything about me?"

"Do you know anything about me?" I wonder.

"Fair enough." Nikki says. "Where are you from?"

"Alabama, Birmingham actually." I say. "What about you?"

"San Jose but I grew up mostly in Idaho with my grandparents. My mom abandoned me too." He admits. "Don't tell anyone I admitted to that though."

"No worries." I say. "My grandparents raised me as well."

"After a while I moved to Seattle with my mom." Nikki explains. "When was the last time you talked to your mom?"

"When I was eight." I say.

"How old were you when your dad...." He trails off.

"Eight years, seven months, and two days." I say and he laughs.

"You like your numbers, don't you?" Nikki asks.

"Not necessarily, just that day is burned into my head." I admit. "It was 11:30 at night, my mom had the honours of telling me. I locked myself in my room then I climbed out my window. The harvest festival was still up and running, I went there. The only thing they let me ride by myself was the marry-go-round. I rode that goddamn thing until my grandparents found me. Alexandria did the same thing when her dad died. Every harvest festival we rode that marry-go-round until we puked. For that time, we were with our fathers again." It takes me a second to realize what I said. "Tell anyone I told you that and I'll kill you."

"No worries there." He says. "I believe you." He laughs a bit.

"You know, that marry-go-round song plays in my head sometimes for no reason." I say.

"I think it's just your dad is thinking about you. You were a daddy's girl, weren't you?" Nikki wonders.

"I was the biggest daddy's girl." I admit.

"What about your depression?" Nikki wonders.

"Since I as twelve. I did any drug I could get my hands on. I tried to kill myself twice." I admit quietly.

"What changed? I mean you're here." He says.

"My grandparents. They saw how much I was hurting myself and it was hurting them." I admit.

"How admirable of you." Nikki says.

"It's true." I say. "They already lost their only son, losing me would've killed them. I'm all they've got."

"How old were you when you lost your virginity?" He asks and my eyes grow.

"Pardon me?" I ask and he laughs.

"Are you gonna answer?" Nikki laughs again.

"No!" I say and he laughs harder. "You're an asshole."

"Damn proud of it to." He says and I smile.

I drive my elbow into the door and Nikki laughs again.

"Did that hurt, Sky?" He wonders.

"A little." I admit.

"You know, I'm happy you didn't kill yourself." Nikki admits and I smile. "I like bothering you. Even though I can see your reactions they're funny."

"Thanks, I think." I say and he laughs again.

So maybe this rock god isn't as bad as I thought. I mean he's kinda funny and he can be sweet. He's really really good looking and I can't believe I just admitted to that. Could I actually be falling for him? I promised myself that I'd never fall for a rock star. Not in a million years. Yet here I am.

Nikki and I talked at each other through the door for hours. It was fun and it was really easy to talk to him like that. He is really funny and sweet and why does he have to be a rock star? I know how rock stars are and I don't want to get hurt. At the same time I do really like him.

"I really didn't mean to light Tommy on fire, Mick didn't believe me though." He tells me. "Vince, Tommy, and I were playing with hairspray and a lighter making a flamethrower. We were supposed to be doing sound check or something like that and we were in the back parking lot doing this. I swear to you that we are adults. Anyways Tommy got distracted by this broad and started walking towards her, I didn't notice this and that flamethrower spits out a pretty good flame. Well Tommy has this big hair and well you can imagine the rest. Tommy screamed like a girl, Mick grounded us, and we lost our hairspray privileges."

"Sounds like fun being on tour." I say.

"Big time! Hey I bet you could get a good article out of that. You should come on the Europe tour with us. I mean us three overgrown children with Mick in a place that none of us know how to communicate properly. It's fun." Nikki explains.

"God, I bet." I say.

"You know I am really sorry about what I said. I shouldn't have called you a stuck up rich girl. You're anything but that." He says.

"I'm sorry about the article." I admit.

"Don't be, after our little argument I deserved it." Nikki admits.

"So we're even." I say.

"Even." He agrees. "Holy shit, it's five. Wanna go get something to drink?" I smile.

"Yeah, sounds good to me." I say.

Did the rock god just ask me out?