The Truth and Into Alex's Head

Nikki sits down beside me on the leather couch and he smiles.

Nikki has a really nice smile.

And really nice eyes.

And really nice---

For Christ's Sake, Skylar!! You can't fall for him, he's a rock star. He'll break your heart and move onto the next little bimbo type whore skank.

But he's sooo, he's Nikki. He drives me crazy and breaks into my house. He has a habit of making himself at home. I think he gets off on scaring the absolute shit out of me and making me mad. He's Nikki and I haven't been able to get him out of my head.

For fuck's sake.

Stupid rock god.

"You close with all the Van Zants?" Nikki wonders and I nod.

"They're like my family. I mean my dad and Ronnie have been friends since school." I explain and he nods.

"So you and Alex have been best friends since your mothers were knocked up?" He wonders and I nod.

"She's only a month older than me so there's that." I laugh and he smiles.

"I love your laugh." Nikki admits quietly while tucking my hair behind my ear.

"I love your smile." I admit and his smile broadens.

"Do you, uh, got tattoos, Sky?" He wonders and my eyes grow. I nod slightly.

"Yeah on my back." I say and his eyes grow.

"Is it uh, a heart with the Confederate Flag and the word Dixie on the banner?" Nikki ask and I nod.

"How the hell did you know that?" I ask then it clicks in my head. "That was your house, wasn't it?"

"You were the broad." He mumbles. "Jesus Christ, Vince is gonna flip." I smile.

"So do you two always gossip like a couple of teenage girls?" I ask and he laughs.

"Old ladies at a quilting club, actually." Nikki laughs and I laugh. "So we had sex."

"I guess so. I mean we were really drunk." I say and he nods.

"You hold alcohol well, by the way." He says and I smile.

"I'm from the south where we make our own alcohol, that's what I grew up on. I can drink anything." I say and he laughs.

Nikki leans in towards me and his mouth connects with mine. I kiss his back a bit before pulling back.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"You're gorgeous, Skylar. There's something about you that drives me completely insane and I've never got this feeling from anyone before." Nikki tells me.

Is he being serious? Like is he joking or being an asshole rock god?

"Skylar, please say something." He pleads.

"I-I, I can't kiss you again in this room." I stutter out and close my eyes at how stupid I just sounded. I hear Nikki laugh.

"So that means you want to kiss me again?" He wonders and I open my eyes.

"Yeah." I admit. "Just not here, it's the equivalent of making out in front of my dad."

"Then can we find a room we can kiss in? Or do something else in?" Nikki wonders and runs his finger alone my jaw.

"There's like six bedrooms in this house, take your pick." I say and he smiles.

"Yours." Nikki mumbles and grabs my hand. "Lead the way."

Luckily this hallway spits out into the living room so we don't have to go see Vince playing tonsil hockey with my best friend, I really don't need that image burned into my brain. I walk upstairs with Nikki directly behind me and over to my bedroom door. I push open the door and we walk inside and Nikki closes the door.

He stands me against the door and leans down to kiss me. I got up on my toes to meet him and his arms wrap around my hips. Nikki hands go up my shirt pushing it over my head then he smiles down at me.

"You really are beautiful, Sky." Nikki says quietly before walking me back towards my bed.

Alexandria

"Hey, hey, hey." I mumble. "Slow down a bit, babe. We're gonna scar our little Skylar."

"Right, right, right." Vince says and moves from kissing my neck.

He looks around and then back to me. I put my head on his shoulder, Skylar is gone.

"Did we kill her or something?" He wonders with a laugh.

"I'm not sure." I admit and hop off the counter. "Skylar!" I yell and Vince jumps. "Shit, sorry, baby." I mumble and hug his arm.

"I keep forgetting how loud you can be." Vince admits and kisses my temple. "What time is it?"

"Quarter to three--wait what time was RJ and Jay flight?" I ask and his eyes grow a bit.

"Three o'clock." He mumbles and grabs my hand. "Come on! They're gonna have my ass on a platter."

Vince pulls me out to his car and drives towards the airport rather quickly.

I hope RJ and Jay like Vince, I mean I really like him. Hell, I love him! I refuse to break up with him because of my idiot older brothers. Vince is my whole world and I don't want to lose him. I just hope my brothers don't do anything to scare him off.