Our Little Secret

Nikki

When I woke up on the morning of my thirtieth birthday my fiancée wasn't in bed beside me and my dog wasn't even in the room. I quickly shower and get dressed before going to search for Skylar and Scorpio.

As soon as I descend the stairs I hear Van Halen blaring from the stereo and I laugh to myself, Skylar always listens to music. I make it to the front room to see Scorpio laying on his back on the couch with his paws in the air. I walk over to him and scratch his stomach.

"Where's Mama, huh Scor?" I ask him and he licks my hand. "Yeah you're a good boy, I'm going to go find Mama." I tell him and walk towards the kitchen.

I make it to the doorway of the kitchen and I instantly smile. Skylar is facing the stove making something to eat. She wears skin tight blue jeans and a shirt with the back all ripped out of in (I'm almost positive that it's one of the band's shirts but I can't be certain). Skylar stands barefoot but her leather Chuck Taylor's are sitting by the back door with a balled up pair of socks. Her beautiful coffee coloured hair falls down her back in perfect curls. Skylar is humming along with David Lee Roth as she watches her cooking. I have a pretty perfect fiancée.

I walk into the kitchen and behind my beautiful soon to be wife. I put my hands on her hips and kiss her neck.

"Good morning, beautiful." I mumble in her ear and she turns around to face me.

I was right. On the front of Skylar's shirt is the cover for Shout At The Devil that's ripped down the middle. She looks hotter than all hell in this shirt. Her beautiful blue eyes lock on mine and her gorgeous smile crosses her face.

"Hey babe, happy birthday." Skylar tells me and kisses my lips gently and I smile.

"Thank you." I tell her and look at her shirt. "You're wearing my face."

"That doesn't make me feel like a psycho kill from a movie." She laughs and I smile.

"Whatcha making?" I wonder and her eyes grow like she forgot about the food which makes me laugh.

"Uh, French Toast." She tells me and moves the pan off the burner. "That I think was done about three minutes ago." Skylar admits as she turns off the stove. "Hungry?"

"Oh always." I admit and she smiles.

"Good, I made a lot more than I meant too." She admits and I laugh.

We eat breakfast while sitting at the island and to Skylar's surprised she made enough food and not too much like she thought. Between the two of us we finished what she had made.

"So what do you want to do today?" Skylar asks and I shrug.

Skylar screws up her face so I know that she wasn't looking for that type of answer and I laugh.

"I don't know, baby." I tell her. "Whatever you want to do, I want to do."

"But babe, it's your birthday." She tells me.

"You spent your birthday in the hospital with your mom, have my birthday." I tell her and she narrows her eyes.

It's been quite a while since her mom died but it still doesn't sit well with Skylar. I know Skylar misses her mom and she hasn't really been able to talk about her mom yet. It was a pretty stupid move on my part for bringing up her mom's last days. I know me saying that brought up something that Sky hasn't made peace with yet.

"Oh shit, babe. I didn't mean to say that." I promise her and she nods.

"I know." Skylar tells me.

"I'm serious, Skylar." I assure her and she nods again.

"I know, Nikki, don't worry." She says and forces a smile.

"I know you're lying." I mumble and she rolls her eyes. "Let's just drive somewhere and drive fast."

"Okay." Skylar smiles. "So do you want your birthday now or later tonight when everyone is here?"

"I thought you were wearing my birthday present." I admit and she laughs.

"Well yes. I mean no. I uh, I mean I got you something." Skylar explains and I laugh.

"Later." I tell her and she nods.

Skylar

There is half of the United States popular jammed into my house, I made the mistake of letting Tommy invite everyone. He literally invited everyone! Right now I'm running through my house trying to find my fiancé so I can give him his birthday present.

I had this all planned out really well. I have the positive pregnancy test in a little box with a bow on it. I want to watch him open it because I feel like he's going to be really excited. I hope. I mean Nikki wants kids, I just hope it's not too soon.

I find Nikki in the kitchen with a bunch of people that I don't know. I catch his attention and motion him over. Nikki comes over and I grab his hand leading him off to my dad's guitar room,

"I wanted to give you this, baby." I say and pull it out of my back pocket.

"I've been wondering about this." He admits with a laugh.

Nikki starts to open it and I watch him closely. I guess there's no turning back now. I watch as he studies the test and my heart pounds.

"Is this for real, Sky?" He wonders. "Am I going to be a dad?"

"Yeah, I mean I haven't gone to the doctors yet." I admit and he looks up from the test.

Nikki has gorgeous eyes and right now those eyes are studying me in complete shock. He's not saying much and it's really scaring me. Then his mouth twists into a smile and he picks me up spinning me around.

"I'm going to be a dad!" Nikki says excitedly. "Should we move up the wedding? Or wait until the baby's born? Or--"

"Or we could go back to the party and we'll figure it out later." I say and he smiles.

"Let's not tell anyone for a while, okay?" He asks and puts his hand on my stomach. "Our little secret."

"Okay." I agree and kiss his lips. "I love you, rock god. Happy birthday."

"I love you too. Skylar, you make me the happiest person on the planet and you're giving me a child. I love you so much!" Nikki tells me and kisses me again.

This is the best possible outcome, Nikki is excited and can't wait to be a dad.