Roller Coaster From Hell

"Nikki, I'm really not sure about this." I admit as we walk up to the address my mother gave me.

"Well I am, you've gotta trust me." Nikki says and kisses my hand.

"What if they don't want to see me? I mean it's been a really long time." I ask and Nikki stops me.

"Baby, they're you're family." He smiles. "If they don't want to see you, we're in Rome. I'm sure we'll be able to find something to get your mind off it."

Nikki kisses my lips and I smile. He moves my hair away from my eyes and leaves his hand on my cheek.

"I love you." Nikki says and I smile.

"I love you more." I smirk and he kisses my nose.

"Not possible, my love." He says and holds my hand. "Let's go see your grandparents."

We walk up to the front door of the house and I hesitate on ringing the doorbell. I do remember this place, I was only here a couple of times but I remember this place perfectly.

My idiot boyfriend sees me hesitate and I see his stupid rock god smirk cross his face. Nikki quickly rings the doorbell and my heart nearly stops. I smack his arm and Nikki starts to laugh his ass off.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" I ask and he laughs harder. "Why did you fucking do that?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't. We'd stand here all freaking day." He says.

"I was going to ring the doorbell." I mutter and cross my arms.

"I know you, Skylar. You weren't going to ring the doorbell." Nikki says and I sigh.

"What makes you think that?" I demand and he sighs.

"Babe, I know you're scared." He sighs.

"I'm not scared!" I state.

"They why didn't you ring the damn bell?" Nikki asks and I sigh.

"You're impossible!" I huff.

"You're talking?" He demands.

Within our arguing neither of us saw or heard the door open. Neither of us noticed that someone was watching our argument with interest. Some one clears their throat and both Nikki and I look up.

A small plump woman stands in the doorway. She wears an apron over her clothes that has splashes of food stains all over it. Her hair is almost completely grey and is pulled tightly into a bun that's on top of her head. This is my Nona and I know it is.

"Can I help you?" She asks in her thick Italian accent.

Everything I was going to say slips my mind and my gaze drops to my Chuck Taylor's. I go to turn around and Nikki grabs my hand again.

"Yeah, I'm sorry but we're looking for Lucien and Maria Maietta." My boyfriend says. "I present their granddaughter."

"Skylar?" My Nona says and I looks up.

I awkwardly smile and she lights up. She hugs me tightly and Nona looks back into the house.

" Lucien! Vieni qui! Velocemente!" She yells for my Nono to come here quickly.

"Maria, che cosa c'è che non va?" My Nono asks what's wrong as he walks down the stairs.

"Perché non vieni qui e vedere, è culo pigro?" She calls back. If I recall correctly she yelled 'why don't you come here and see, you lazy ass'. Nikki laughs.

"They fight like us." He says quietly

My Nono walks up to the doorway and as soon as he sees me his eyes grow. Before he even says anything my Italian grandfather hugs me tightly.