Meeting Santa and Meeting the Legion

Mulai dari awal

"He fell asleep." I say quietly and she nods.

We walk up stairs and I put Bleu in his bed. Skylar stands in the doorway and keeps shifting, something is nothing her. I mean something is bothering me too but its something Bleu said.

We were standing in line waiting to see Santa. Bleu was holding onto my hand and I looked down at him.

"So what do you want for Christmas?" I asked him and he lights up.

"I want a little brother or sister. Elizabeth was two when she got a little brother and I'm four now and I don't have one yet. Did UPS lose my little brother or sister?" My son asked.

To say that caught me off guard was an understatement. I didn't realize that Bleu wanted a little brother or sister. Skylar and I haven't really talked about having more kids for a while now, I mean she said at one point that she wanted to wait until Bleu was older but now Bleu is older and wants a little brother or sister.

I walk over to her and put my hands on her hips.

"What's wrong?" I ask her quietly.

"What's wrong with you, Nik?" She asks me quietly. "I know something is bothering you."

"And I know that something is bothering you." I say as I close Bleu's door. "Come on."

I lead her downstairs and we sit on the couch. I wrap my arm around her shoulders and kiss her cheek.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I ask her again. "After all I did ask first."

Skylar closes her eyes and takes a deep breath before opening her beautiful eyes again.

"The legion of the undead want me to go to New York for a music festival." Skylar explains. "I'd be gone for about four days."

"Oh shit, which days?" I wonder.

"I leave on the fifteenth and I get back the nineteenth." She explains. "I'd be here for your birthday and I'd be back before Christmas but I've never been away from Bleu before. What do you think?"

"I think they want the best and they hit the nail on the head if they get you." I explain.

"Henry said the same thing." Skylar admits and I smile.

"Henry is smart." I remind her.

"Do you think I should go?" She wonders and i nod.

"I really don't want you to go but I think it would be a cool opportunity." I admit. "I know you miss opportunities because of me going on tour and our pact to never leave Bleu with a nanny but I'm home and I think you should go." I explain. "I'm going to miss you like crazy though."

"I'm going to miss you and Bleu so much." Skylar tell me and kisses my lips. "You think I should go though?"

"I do." I admit and she smiles.

"Okay, I've gotta go call Henry." She says and kisses my lips. "I'll be right back and then you're going to tell me what's bothering you."

"Okay." I agree as she walks into the kitchen.

I really want to have more kids, if I'm being completely honest. I mean I've seen Bleu with Vince's kids and he's protective over them, he'll make a great older brother. I know Skylar is already a good mom but she's kinda got to be okay with everything.

She walks back into the living room and I pull her down beside me.

"What's bouncing around in that head of yours?" Skylar wonders.

"I asked Bleu what he wants for Christmas." I say and she nods. "He wants a little brother or sister. Bleu thinks the UPS man lost his little sibling."

"Why..why does he think the UPS man has anything to do with it?" She wonders and laughs a bit.

"He's four, baby." I remind her with a laugh. "I think we should try for another baby."

Skylar is quiet for a minute and drops her gaze to our intertwined fingers. I want to know what's going on in that beautiful mind of hers.

"You want to have another baby?" She asks and looks up at me again.

"I do, I mean it took us a while to get pregnant with Bleu so it's not like it's going to happen tomorrow." I remind her and she half smiles.

"You want to have another baby and if you think Bleu will make a good big brother than I say yes." Skylar smiles. "Definitely won't be a Christmas present but maybe for Bleu's birthday." She laughs and kisses my lips.