thirty - nine

"I wanna say thank you for making me feel like I'm the prettiest girl in the world. No matter what I got on, he says I'm beautiful, it's a fact that keeps me so in love"

Alyssa King | Lysa💞

A month later.

"All rise for the honorable Judge Jones."

We were finally in court to see if JC can take Jaylen home, after the long process of background checks, home visits, different lawyers and arguing with lawyers we was finally here to fight for Jaylen. JC couldn't file for full custody since he wasn't Jaylen biological father so he was going to adopt him.

Judge Jones walked in with a scowl on his face, I could tell he would rather be anywhere but here. He was young too, maybe in his early thirties. Since this is family court there isn't a jury so the judge was making this decision.

"In the case of Jaylen Whitaker, Jayceon Whitaker is requesting to adopt while the mother, Morgan Smith, wants full custody and a restraining order. Is that correct?" The judge asked.

"Yes your honor." Morgan lawyer answered.

"It states here that Morgan doesn't have a job, how will she financially support her son?" Judge Jones asked.

"Morgan has recently gotten a job at Wells Fargo bank." 

"Is there anyone to vouch that she can provide and love her son unconditionally?"

"Yes, Morgan's close friend Bambi Tucker. Bambi please." I scoffed and JC squeezed my thigh telling me to shut up. They made Bambi put her hand on the bible, I bet that bitch was still going to lie her ass off.

"Can you explain your friendship with Morgan?"

"We have been friends since we were 14, I'm always there for her wrong or right, leading her in the right direction."

"Do you think Morgan is an good mom?"

"In my opinion I believe she's the best mother, I mean you only get one mother and Morgan is his."

Lie number one.

"No further questions." Morgan lawyer stepped down and ours stepped up.

"Bambi, you say you think Morgan is a good mother?"

"The best."

Lie number two.

"And your always leading her in the right direction?"

"Correct."

Lie number three, strike out.

"So can you explain after a month of giving birth you both were in Mexico, dancing on top of bars?" He pulled out a blew up picture of Morgan and Bambi half naked on the bar.

"We were on vacation from our stressful lives, just because she had a baby doesn't mean our lives is over."

"So you agree that she left her baby every chance that she got?"

"Objection!" Morgan lawyer yelled.

"Overruled."

"No further questions your honor, I'll like to bring Alyssa King to the stand." The police officer made me raise my righthand on the bible and repeat him before I sat down.

"How are you Alyssa?"

"I'm fine and you?"

"Spectacular. Can you explain your relationship with Mr. Whitaker?"