thirty - four

"She know she bad but what's new? Maybe the badest, I want you girl. I gotta have it, what it do girl? You cool girl, play by the rules girl."

Kailani Rodriguez | Kai👅

"You're a sore loser." I laughed as me and Rashaad walked in Applebees to pick up our order to go.

"I prefer the term a person who don't like to lose."

"Yeah, yeah same thing nigga." I laughed. I was too busy playing with him that I bumped into somebody knocking their phone down. I picked up the person phone and just to my luck it was the one and only.

Iyan.

"My bad, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

"You good Kai, how you doing?"

"I'm good, bout to start back working y'know getting my life back in order."

"That's good, I'm proud of you." It was a awkward silence as we all just looked around not knowing what to say.

"Oh, I'm rude. I don't think y'all officially met."

"Nah wassup? I'm Rashaad, Kai friend." He held out his hand.

"I'm Ya. Kai first love." He emphasized first love and shook his hand while smiling.

Just petty.

"Nice to meet you man, Imma go check on our food Kai."

"Was that necessary?" I asked once Rashaad was out of earshot.

"Was what necessary? He stated what he was to you, I did the same. No harm, no foul right?"

"Mhm, don't forget I does this petty shit."

"Anyways. That's your nigga?"

"Nah we're friends but I could see this going somewhere. Like he treats me like I'm the only girl in the world and we almost never disagree on anything. I haven't felt this way in a long time"

"I would say I'm happy for you but I'm not."

"What you mean?"

"I'm not about to tell you I'm happy that you with some other nigga, I'm not that type of nigga. I don't wish y'all the best, fuck y'all relationship honestly."

"If I could support your relationship why can't you support mine?"

"You decided to be that caring and supportive ex, not me. I'm not happy seeing the girl I love happy with another nigga, fuck you been smoking if you even thought I would even be okay with that."

"But why can't I be happy? You have your girl, aren't you happy with her?"

"That's not the point." I frowned.

"The point is you're being selfish right now, you want me to wait on you while your in a relationship. How about you test this relationship out and see how far it go without purposely ruining it? Act like I never came back."

"Kai you taking what I'm saying out of context. I'm not saying wait on me, I'm just saying that I'll never support your relationship. I don't wish you happiness." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey babe I- oh hey Kailani, you look pretty today." Jayla said coming to us smiling.

"Don't speak to me, I don't like you." I told her bluntly.

It's not the fact that she fucks with Ya cause I could careless but she always acting so fake knowing she feel a type of way about me. Like when I come around she always find a way to be under him or kissing him or something like it's going to make me mad when I honestly don't care anymore.