two | excuse me, miss

Start from the beginning

"That's good. Any word on when she'll be back so you can stop crying?" Dray laughed as Stephen attempted to hit him with the towel around his neck.

"Shutup. Not really. Kind of just patiently waiting for it."

"Hey, Steph? Media's ready for you." Steph's attention quickly turned to the large crowd gathered around the single chair that awaited his presence. He let out a hefty breath before giving Draymond a quick look before walking over to the seat. Questions left and right began to flood his mind, and quite frankly, he wasn't sure how he was keeping his composure and answering them so diligently.

He just wanted to run to home and facetime his girl.

He wanted to tell her about the quick trip he was going to make for an event she was part of, but at the same time, he wanted to keep it a surprise.

He was dying to see her and just.. feel her. He just wanted her.

Meanwhile, Heart didn't realize how much work she would be occupied with today. It was about to hit late in the afternoon and all she wanted to do was eat and take in the Los Angeles weather. Taking a break, she sat at her desk and watched the clips from Stephen's interview during practice today, bringing a small smile to her face.

"Ugh, dang it." She says to herself as she checks her watch. She begins to pack up, completely over the day she had endured. Plus, she still had to run her errands when all she wanted was to be in the comfort of her home.

"Hey beautiful." Stephen said excitedly on the other line. "How are you doing?"

"Wardell." She said softly as she bit onto her bottom lip. "I'm so tired."

"Work got you swamped today, huh?"

"Swamped is an understatement."

"I'm sorry baby. Take it easy. Are you headed home now?"

"Mm, just gotta stop by and get some things at Target."

"Mhm, get some things huh? You'll leave with more than you anticipated at that store." Heart chuckled.

"What, me? Never!"

"Okay sweetheart. You can play innocent all you want, but I've seen it with my own two eyes."

"It's not that bad."

"Oh, babe! Look at these cute little notepads in the dollar section. Oh my god, look at how cute this coloring book is!" He mocked her, making her laugh as she walked across the street to the nearby target.

"I do not sound like that!"

"Oh right, the tone should be a little higher huh?"

"Waaaardell." She whined.

"I'm just kidding." He laughed. "I miss you, that's all."

"I miss you too, bighead."

"Which head?"

"Wardell!" He continued to bust out in laughter.

"That was pretty clever."

"You are so wrong for that." She chuckled.

"No but really."

"Boy, if you dont--"

"Okay, okay. I'm done. It's all out of my system."

"Jeez laweez. Anyways, how was practice?"

"Same old."

"Your ankle feeling any better?"

"Yeah, it's fine. It'll get there."

"You need to take it easy, babe."

"Well, I just like keeping myself occupied especially while you're gone."

"That doesn't mean you have to work your body to death!"

"I know." Heart began to get distracted by the dollar section that welcomed her as she walked into Target. Stephen began to tell her more details about his day at practice and his media session, allowing time for her to gather the things she needed.

"And yeah, she kind of threw me off with that question."

"Dang, I--"

"Excuse me!" A male called from behind her. Heart continued to walk towards the cashier, paying no attention to the male calling for her attention. She honestly had no idea he was coming after her.

"What did you say, baby?" Stephen asked.

"I said--"

"Excuse me! Excuse me, miss." The male finally caught up to her and tapped her on the right shoulder. Surprised, she turned only for her eyes to widen at the sight.

"Baby?" Steph called once more.

"Yeah?"

"Are you still there?" She continued to stare at the man that held her wallet in his hand.

"Let me call you back." She quickly ended the call as the man smiled down at her.

"You dropped this."

~

(Mine - Beyonce & Drake)